Brother

Third person's POV

He finally arrived at the pack border. No one knows about his arrival other than Alpha Orion, who had informed the guard beforehand to permit him inside.

On the way to the alpha's house, he saw that the pack members were rambling on all sides. He questioned the guard, guiding him through the pack, about the same.

"The beta's daughter was kidnapped five days ago during a gathering, she seems to have been found and brought back today.", he said shrugging. But the information struck hard on the stranger's heart.

Since there was some more time before they reach the destination, he asked about the gathering.

"The gathering was to pass on the position to the alpha's son and to officially introduce his mate, who also got kidnapped. She hasn't been found yet."

From what he had learnt, Caroline was the mate of the alpha's son, but according to the guard they were two different persons. By the time he could think of how to find the actual truth he had reached his destination. He thanked the guard and went inside to witness the chaos.

Carol's POV

"You, Caroline Dunbar, are banned from Red Moon Pack.", he yelled.

"Noah, what do you think you are doing?", uncle asked.

"I am doing what I am supposed to do to a traitor as such."

"What are you talking about?", it was dad who asked it this time.

Everyone was shocked by what he was telling, including me. Traitor? Me? When did I land myself as one?

"She is responsible for Kira's disappearance.", he said throwing a paper, which he had been clutching in his hand, down.

"In what grounds do you suspect my sister of treachery?"

I turned around to see Daniel standing there with a calm demeanor yet an angry face.

Daniel, similar to me had brownish blonde hair with piercing blue eyes.

"Daniel, you are back?", dad rushed to him forgetting the situation before us. I don't blame him for it. Even I did, until I repeated his first words.

He hugged dad and came forward next to me putting his arm around my shoulder. I readily accepted the warmth he offered.

"So?", he prodded.

Even though he didn't like to be questioned by him, he answered to prove his point.

"I received a letter this afternoon threatening Kira's life. She is in the hands of rogues now. The letter states for us to be present in the place mentioned tonight."

"In what context is my sister questionable in this situation?"

"I received the letter just after dad went to pick her", he said pointing at me, "up. If that is not suspicious enough, the fact that she smells like a rogue proves my point."

I shook my head not knowing how it happened.

"You seem to say the same as Alpha Zach, but I have no idea as to why I smell as such. I hadn't had any contact with Liza until today morning, so even her knowing anything is not possible.", I said.

Before Noah could start again Daniel cut him first.

"Firstly, do not go around punishing people assuming things, that's not a good example of an alpha. Get to know their side of story before coming to a decision. Secondly, ever heard of coincidence? That's what has happened in your case today. The letter might have been delivered late. There are many reasons to prove her innocence if you point that out as your proof. Thirdly, from what I have learnt, when a wolf is cut out of conscious, from the human side, for more than a day the person starts to smell like a rogue along with the links being cut off from the pack temporarily. It is restored back twenty hours after the wolf is conscious. If you don't want to believe it, why don't you ask your father about it?", he asked.

He turned towards uncle who was thinking about it. Instead of answering, uncle looked at Daniel.

"How do you know all these?"

"I learnt from an elder during my training."

Uncle nodded his head before turning his head towards him.

"Yes, whatever he told was true. If you had not rejected her, you would have felt that bond being cut off too."

"But that doesn't give me any reason to trustyour sister here. It is my sister whose life is at stake unlike yours."