Story of Alpha Raden

"I was the one who found it.", I voice came out from behind him.

I instantly smelled him. Liza howled inside me.

"MATE", we said in unison.

The guy who revealed himself was shocked hearing us. But he didn't show it out for long.

"Levi, could you give us both a moment? I will call you when needed.", he told softly.

He seemed hesitant but he obliged to the request and left after bowing to him.

So he is the alpha? I finally got to meet him, something the other alpha's never could do before. Him, being my mate just added to my joy.

He was well over six feet, brown haired with streaks of blonde here and there. He had a pair of blue eyes, making him all the more handsome.

There was a little nagging at the corner of my heart. What if he rejected me?

"What is your name?", he said while he went and sat behind the desk.

"Caroline Dunbar", I said with conviction. I shall not show him my vulnerable side.

"Why do I not sense you as my mate?", he asked curiously.

"That would be because I had been concealing my scent.", I said disclosing my scent before taking a seat in front of him.

His eyes instantly blackened on smelling my scent.

"MATE", he growled.

He controlled his wolf before continuing.

"I, Raden Lucas Cox, - -", he started. Before he could proceed on, I cut him short.

"Are you going to reject me?", I asked frantically.

"How about a no?", he asked, smirking while leaning on the desk balancing himself on his elbows.

"But, you– what?", it took me a moment to process his words.

"Sweetheart, you would have learnt what I was telling if you had waited a minute there. Now will you wait till I finish what I am saying?", he asked, still smiling at my actions.

I nodded, embarrassed of my actions.

"As I was saying, I, Raden Lucas Cox, Alpha of Parish Pack, accept you, Caroline Dunbar, as my mate.", he finished.

A sense of relief washed through me while I gaped at him. I finally found my mate and he accepted me.

"Anything you would like to say, sweetheart?", he asked smiling. He was totally enjoying the effect he was having on me.

Well two can play.

"Of course, babe. I, Caroline Dunbar, accept you as my mate.", I said finishing with a wink towards him.

He groaned at that.

"Sweetheart, you are playing with fire."

"I am known for toning it down, babe.", I shot back, smiling cheekily.

He narrowed his eyes, playfully at me, before masking himself into his alpha exterior.

"Now that the matter has been dealt with, let's focus on the other issue at hand. What is your purpose here?", he asked through his straight face.

"I heard about a mysterious alpha, who had instantly piqued my interest by his antics. I thought, why not pay him a visit? And here I am.", I said copying his posture.

"Oh, and what is your opinion on him?", he asked leaning further forward.

"He seems okay, but he could get some help to pull him out of his comfort zone.", I said.

"Oh, and the alpha is ready to cooperate with you.", he said.

I gasped.

"That's a shocker. I thought you would reject the idea immediately. But now that you have accepted to it, you shall as well tell your comfort zones bye-bye.", I said happy at his decision.

"I will try anything for you, sweetheart. But you need to know something before you do anything."

I nodded for him to continue.

"I did not grab the title from the previous alpha like the rumors say. I just took what rightfully was mine. The previous alpha was my uncle. When my dad had still been the alpha, my uncle went behind our backs and betrayed us. He sought help from rogues and bet us to death. My parents died out of impact. I was still lying in my death bed unlike my parents. A kind hearted man saved me and brought me up all those years till I had taken over the pack. I still remain in contact with him. My uncle, thinking that he had killed us, announced to the world that my parents had died and I had gone missing. He took over the pack through sympathy. He tortured my people into doing things and ill-treated them. That was until I came around. I declared war on him anonymously. He accepted to it and when the fateful day came, I killed him and took over the pack. I saw to it that all his accomplices were out of pack and were replaced by my trusted ones before taking up the title. No one in the pack knows that I am the lost heir. As far as the one who saved me -"

"A vampire saved me giving me his blood, which makes me a half vampire."