Rightful Luna

Liza's POV

I was seeing red. How dare he bring some bitch and say that she was going to be the Luna? We are the rightful Lunas of this pack.

I jumped at her and went for her throat. I would have strangled her if not for a certain someone who threw me across the room.

Carol's POV

I hit the wall and fell down. Liza already had gone to the corner of my mind, shutting me off. She was hurt that her mate had thrown her off to protect her.

Dad rushed to me and lifted me up. He was shaking with anger.

"Stand down, you brat. How dare you behave as such with your Luna? Apologize and submit to her now.", he yelled.

Liza was in her dwams to be the least bit bothered by his order. Me? I wasn't in the least intimidated. Even though he is an alpha blood, he hasn't got the powers to threaten or order me.

Beside me, dad was about to reproach but I bet him to it.

"Luna? Submit?", I smirked, "Dream on. I am the rightful Luna of this pack. Why would you think that I would go down on my knees, because you told so? Please. You are no one to me, much less my alpha. I don't go around doing stuff told by someone who doesn't know my worth, less likely an order. Also, remember that you are not the alpha yet."

I don't know where this headstrong woman came from, but I liked every bit of her. I might be a strong woman, who does everything to protect her loved ones, but I didn't raise my voice in front of elders.

I had not only retorted back to his alpha tone but I had made a claim to what was rightfully mine, without Liza having done anything in it. I felt accomplished. That was when it struck me.

"You-"

"Ah, right. Now that I remember it, why don't we ladies spare? Seeing, our elders had chosen that way to fight for a position.", I said motioning between me and her.

"There will be no fight of any sort. Also, don't worry I will be taking charge as the alpha this evening and announce her as the Luna officially. And the first thing I will do is to throw you out of the pack."

"Noah, stop it. You are telling words that you will regret soon.", uncle said.

"Noah, what the heck do you think you are doing? Carol is your mate.", she gasped beside him, "How can that bitch be the Luna?", Tah said.

She should have come after me, while all this was happening.

"So what if she was my mate?", emphasizing the word was, "I already told you all that I rejected her."

All looked at me not knowing how to console me but I paid no heed to them. My whole concentration was on the person in front of me.

I stood straight and looked at him in the eye.

"Fine, let's finish this off cleanly. I, Caroline Liza Dunbar, accept Noah Aiden Jones' rejection and reject him as my mate."

I felt the bond break completely. Liza howled inside me.

All gasped except me and her, who stood there not having much of a reaction about what was happening.

Noah was the first one to recover.

"Now, that's the best thing you ever did.", he said smiling.

"Both of you are going against the Moon Goddess.", uncle shouted.

"She doesn't get to choose whom I should be with. Only I get to decide and I choose Kira as the one. She will be the Luna of this pack."

Kira had wavy brown hair with blonde streaks in it. She had gray eyes.

He called out for one of the pack members and told him to inform about the gathering that is to be held that evening.

With that he left to his room along with her.

Unknown person's POV

All this hatred was getting to me. I get that I wasn't wanted here, but they needn't rub it on my face.

Ever heard too much of anything can turn evil?