Vampire King

Third person's POV

The vampire king was not pleased at how the war had turned out. The second day was the day he had planned to demolish those mutts totally, on. Instead the vampires began to drop down rather faster than the previous day making it the opposite of how he visualized it.

When the vampire king had foreseen how the war would turn out, it was in their favor. Now even if he tried, his vision won't show anything except pitch black. He didn't know how to deal with the war anymore. He might have been a king but he did depend on his vision to boost his confidence and to think of his next steps. To add on to it, Asher refused to be a part of the war how much ever he was persuaded. For the first time, he wished he had had his own son who would have been compassionate towards him.

Now with his vision not aiding him, he feared that he might take a wrong step. He paced around his room waiting for the day to come to an end. If the war didn't go well that day, he might have to go in it, the next day.

If there was one thing he was sure about, it was the fact that Caroline was the one who came up with the idea as to how to destroy his men, whatever it was.

That night the vampires returned in less than half the number who had gone into the war in the morning. This made the vampire king loose his cool.

He called out for one of them and asked him to explain what happened at the battle field, although he had seen it. He believed that there must have been something that he might have not noticed. When he heard him tell the same as what he had witnessed, he lost it.

Even though he didn't discuss anymore with the others, he thought all night in his room. No matter what happened he could not turn back anymore. It was either his victory or their survival. Only the next day would tell them.

~Day 3~

Caroline instructed all the members to follow the same routine as the previous day. The tables had turned the second day and she was sure that they wouldn't change today. If it transpired the same way longer, the vampires taking part in the war shall be cleared off of their existence.

Carol stood in the front along with the others like the previous days. She was the only she wolf taking part in the war. All the female warriors stood behind as backups. But she could not stand there and watch, when she knew that it was because of her the war was happening in the first place.

The war started for the third day and the werewolves couldn't have been any happier. As expected it was merely the same as what happened on the previous day.

The vampire king who stood at his border lost his temper. He pushed through the vampires who were fighting while piercing through the throats of the werewolves who jumped at him. His canines dripped of blood and his mouth filled with the metallic taste.

He didn't stop to kill the werewolves. He just bit and threw them like leftovers for his minions to finish off. He was approaching the center where he knew she was at. His suspicions regarding her grew stronger with each step he took. He was yet to find the reason behind the deaths of his men. He reached the place where she stood fighting off two vampires. She, similar to him, had blood dripping of her canines, except, she was in her wolf form. She was covered in blood. It was indeed a bloodbath in the field that day.

When Caroline stepped away after throwing off the vampires from her, she turned around to face the only person she had wanted to see since the war started.

You have to kill the vampire king. Only then will you be able to escape him.

The witch's words echoed through her mind.

"So this is what you have been against my men, is it?", he asked in a sinister tone.

"That is a brilliant little brain you have got there. But you did a mistake by using it. Now you shall die to compensate it.", he said jumping forward.

You have to kill the vampire king. Only then will you be able to escape him.

Caroline bared her teeth and jumped forward at the same time. They struck each other in the air before they landed on the ground. They circled around one another watching keenly for the other to show their weakness. When Caroline took a moment to look behind him, he ceased his chance and leaped at her. Having dropped her guard for a moment landing herself at a disadvantage, she mentally cursed her for the blemish she had done.

The vampire pinned her body to the ground making her unable to move.

"Now, won't you like to have peaceful bliss in heaven?", he taunted her smirking.

"Don't worry I will make it as slow as possible so that you can enjoy each moment of it for all the good deed you have done.", he said sarcasm dripping.

You have to kill the vampire king. Only then will you be able to escape him.

The voice kept chanting in her head.

"You shall have to deal with me before you do all those things.", a voice said from behind him.

The vampire turned around to look who had gotten the guts to have talked to him like that. His hold loosened on her. Caroline took her chance and shifted their positions, with her on the top.

You have to kill the vampire king. Only then will you be able to escape him.

The vampire seemed shocked for a moment before he masked it.

"So what are you going to do now? Kill me with garlic? Do you think that can be used on me? I'm the king for a reason. These won't hurt me in any ways.", he said smirking.

You have to kill the vampire king. Only then will you be able to escape him.

"I am not a stupid to believe that it will. If I had known so much as you say, you should have known better than to think low of me.", Caroline said reaching out behind her.

Daniel gave her the stake dipped in holy water. Once the vampire saw the stake, he couldn't hide his fear anymore. He tried wriggling from her grip, failing miserably. He cursed giving her his powers. She had become strong, not to tell she had her werewolf genes in her too.

You have to kill the vampire king. Only then will you be able to escape him.

The voice repeated in her mind.

"You- you can't kill me. If- if you kill me, you will die. Yes. You will die. You can't kill me.", he said frantically at first then with conviction.

"Goodbye, Vampire King. We win the war.", she said.

You have to kill the vampire king. Only then will you be able to escape him.

She raised the stake and plunged it through his heart.

His eyes widened at the force and he lay there as the stake slowly burnt through his body turning him into ashes.

The whole field fell silent.

Within minutes after his death the world turned black for Caroline.

Pitch black just like the vampire king had seen.