Break the spell

Third person's POV

Richard overwhelmed with emotions stepped forward to untie her but was stopped short by Daniel.

"Dad, he, whoever he is, is trying to manipulate you, don't fall in his trap. It was Carol's suggestion, she knew what she was telling. Trust her decision.", he said holding back his dad.

He looked longing at his daughter before nodding his head unwillingly.

"Daniel, what do we do now? I might be older and wiser than you but I don't think I can take a decision unbiased without taking in Carol's state.", Orion said passing a yearning look at Carol.

Daniel shook his head not knowing what step to take. He was affected by his sister's state as much as others, but he didn't show it. Someone had to be strong, and it was him then.

Even though he was not sure about other things, he was about one thing.

"Dad, uncle, we can't have anyone else knowing about this, including Tahliya and mother. At least till we find a way to control him who is inside her. They will be his easy prey. They can be our family but they are prone to give into his inclination, like dad who almost did."

Richard flinched at that. He knew he had been wrong to have almost followed his urge, but being pointed out didn't help the fact.

She lay silent for some time. It seemed all her energy was drained out, so much that even the one controlling her couldn't do anything.

Daniel went to call the pack doctor to see if she can help with the situation.

Carol slowly stirred awake. The duo watched her as though she was a ticking bomb waiting for a trigger to blast.

Once she opened her eyes she gave them a downcast smile.

"Dad, can you untie me?", she asked softly.

When he didn't make a move for it, she prodded again.

"Dad? Untie me."

Even though he didn't make a move this time either, his poker face fell. Uncertainty filled his eyes. She changed her tactics.

"Uncle, why don't you tell him? Ask him to untie me. I'm dying uncle, this is killing me."

That did the trick. Next moment, both of them were next to her helping her out of the bondage.

They removed the chain and threw it across the room. They slowly helped her across the room to her bed. Once she was settled on her bed Orion went to fetch her water from the table. In a blink of an eye, she held hostage of Richard.

Both of them were shocked when they heard the vicious laughter shake their daughter's body.

"Naïve mutts. Do you really think that I would have left her body just like that? It was easy to trick you fools. Just a modulation of voice and you fall on my foot."

Caroline's body slowly moved backwards towards the door. Slowly Caroline was losing control over her own mind and body, while he was gaining it.

When she was near the door it opened and everything blacked out for her.

Orion Jones' POV

Carol's body slumped down revealing Daniel with his hand in the air, where once Caroline stood. He seemed confused as to how she had been out of her restrains. He looked at me and Richard who had a guilty look on our faces. He put two and two together before he understood what had happened. And he didn't look pleased about it.

Before he could open his mouth the pack doctor came in. She saw the scene before her and questioned us about what had happened.

"The voice in her tricked us into removing the chain off her. The next thing we know, she is holding him hostage and moving to the door. Daniel came here just in time to knock her out.", I said.

"Did you inject her with the dosage?", she questioned Daniel.

All he did was, give a nod in her direction. The doctor nodded appreciatively before bending down to pick up the syringe pricked at Carol's neck.

"This dosage will keep her out for 8 hours. When she wakes up, she is likely to be more aggressive. From my observation, she is being controlled by a vampire. They are capable of manipulating people to do things according to their wish. Continue restraining her with whatever you used previously. I am sorry alpha, but I believe that it is only so much I can do in the situation, unfortunately. As for what can be done further, only a witch can help her."