Coma

Third person's POV

The war had ended a success for the werewolves. The vampires who were still alive and in the battle field, tried to avenge their leader's death but they were merely puppets with no one pull their strings.

The vampires were snapped out of their lives and burnt to their death.

The day next to when the war ended, alpha Orion held funeral services for all the brave warriors who had lost their lives in the war along with a few from the Serene and Stalwart packs. They were buried in the pack grounds, along with the past alphas and betas who lay there.

After two months from then, the pack had a minor tussle with black moon pack and ended up winning over the pack.

While all this happened on one side, a young girl rested on a king size bed in the centre of the room. Her face pale, from not been exposed to the sunlight for two months. Her weight had also reduced from the minimum food intake for the two months. Tubes were connected from different parts of her body to keep her functioning.

That girl happened to be Caroline. She had been in coma for more than two months with no improvement whatsoever. The last time she had been seen moving was, when she killed the vampire king. Since then breathing is the only movement she makes, which also was forced. Her body seemed to have shut off completely with no wish to survive any longer. No one in her family wanted to let go of her that easily. The moment she fainted Daniel had rushed her to the pack hospital. Knowing that they had the war in their control, Richard and Orion didn't hesitate to follow. Tahliya and Melaine who had been guarding the children and the female, hurried to the hospital once they knew about it.

Noah who had no idea about any of this returned from the war happy that they had won. On his way to the pack house, he decided to make a run for the hospital, to have his wounds cleaned up. When he went there though, he didn't expect to see his family along with Richard and Daniel in there. When he approached them no one minded him except for his mother. He wasn't bothered by their actions anymore, if anything, he was more than used to it by then. It was how things had been going on for a long time.

He asked his mom as to what happened. She told him about how she had fainted and had been taken to the hospital. At that moment the doctor came out. Upon continuous requests, he told that Caroline had gone into coma and that her body seemed to have ceased trying. After knowing Carol's condition, he couldn't help but feel a little nagging at the corner of his heart. He blamed his non-existent mate bond for his actions. He ordered for the doctor to do whatsoever it takes to revive her. That was the last time he was allowed anywhere near her surroundings. Soon she was shifted to the largest room in the pack house with tubes connected to her body to keep her alive. Her organs functioned properly, that was only thing that had everyone believe that she was still alive.

Daniel and Richard remained at her side almost all day watching her unconscious body, hoping for her to wake up and shout at them for being so gloomy. They left only when Melaine forced them out of there asking them to freshen up before coming back, saying they were polluting the air she was breathing. One could only say. If only things were like that. She was being forced to continue breathing through the oxygen mask that had been attached to her.

Most of the time, Tahliya would accompany the father-son pair. She was the only person who actually talked with her. She told her about how things were around the pack. Sometimes she would cry out her feelings on how she missed her. Those were the times when Caroline's hands would twitch but no one would believe her when she says so. After trying a few times, she gave up on making them believe her. She relished the fact that she was being listened to. She waited for her best friend to wake up with hope in her heart.

Noah got updates on how Caroline was, only through his mother. He was highly restricted from entering the house she was in, by Richard and Daniel. Tahliya and Orion didn't bother saying otherwise. Melaine's words did not weigh significance in the making of the decision.

By now, everyone had lost their hopes on her waking up, except for, of course Tahliya, who had been witnessing her survival. Doctors fled in and out of the house throughout the day. Many volunteered to assist her, while there were some who believed that she deserved what was happening to her. As usual, there was a group of people who couldn't be bothered with what was happening to others and remained in their own worlds.