Rebuilding the Fallen Empire

When I had told him my statement, he made me explain what I had meant by it. I told him all about how I was kidnapped and the things I discovered after escaping. I told him about the war and how I had killed the vampire king. I also confessed about me being a half vampire.

He listened to all of it in silence, except for the times when he slipped a few gasps and booming growls. Once I finished he wordlessly gave a smile of pride.

"So what have you come here for?", he asked.

"I came here to rebuild the empire my mother wasn't able to. I also needed an excuse to be away from the pack due to some personal issues."

"That's a great thing to do. Your mother and grandmother would sure be proud of you. So how do you plan on doing this?", he asked interested.

"First, we need to clear this place of broken woods and take down the burnt houses. Now that I think about it, we might need more men to do this.", I said shaking my head at my ignorance.

"There is no need to worry about men. I still have contact with one of my old pack member, who is around in a nearby pack. I didn't ask him to join me as I needed sometime to establish my pack once again. We can ask him to bring along people to help us.", he said.

"Which pack is this pack member of yours in?", I asked doubtfully.

"Serene pack.", he said proving my suspicion. This had to be the reason as to why Liza ran into the pack. She should have sensed him.

"Do you need a phone?", I asked him reaching out for my phone from the bag.

"That would help the situation.", he said smiling sporting a dimple on his left cheek. My grand dad was a handsome man for his age. He is bound to have broken many hearts when he was young.

I handed him my phone and went around seeing how much work has to be done. I stood in front of a pile of wood scrapes, seeing at it with deep thoughts. Whatever establishment was in there previously, had been crushed badly.

After a few minutes, grandpa joined me.

"This used to be our house, but they destroyed it while searching for my daughters.", he said. I looked up to see him having a guilty feeling on his face.

"Don't sweat over something that definitely wasn't your fault. So what if you hadn't foreseen the attack, it is not daily we get a warning. We are creatures, we do make mistakes. Even goddess makes a mistake when she creates an evil person but she corrects it by creating one to kill him. It might be the same reason in this case. The pack might have been destroyed only for me to reestablish it. It's all for good.", I said giving him a side hug.

"Maybe."

We cleared a few logs that were blocking ways and threw them over the side. He didn't talk much as he still mulled over the past. When we had moved over 20-30 logs, a van came to a stop before us. Out exited ten-fifteen hulk men along with a man who seemed to be a little younger than grandpa. I guess he is the one grandpa referred to.

He came towards us with the men towing behind shortly.

"Alpha", he said bowing down.

"Good to meet you, Gabriel, after so long.", grandpa said hugging him, now known as Gabriel.

He briefly hugged back before they split.

Gabriel was an old man, similar to grandpa, but seemed to be a little younger, by looks. He was an inch shorter than grandpa. He had blonde hair with a matching French beard. I feel like all these old men, looked too good for their age.

"How have you been, alpha? Where have you been? Where is Elijah? Last time you talked, you told me you both had escaped together.", he asked looking around as I had done.

"He died a few days later. I didn't want to pressure you by saying about it. And I have been better. As for where I had been, I was here since when we had escaped, hunting my way for food.", he said filling him on the happenings.

He nodded in understanding.

One of the men whispered in his ear to which he nodded.

"Alpha, what do you want them to help you around with?", he asked.

"Hello, I am Caroline, his granddaughter. I asked him to call them to help me with the clearing process.", I said putting out my hand.

He nodded his head shaking my hand.

I instructed the men on what they were supposed to do. They set on work almost immediately, without thinking twice. It appeared as though, they liked being a part of the re-establishing work.

I helped them too, with a few things here and there.

It was all done in a few hours. Only thing left was the demolishing of the broken houses. I told them to take some rest while I thought of what food to offer them. Gabriel saved me from my struggle.

"You needn't worry about it. We brought some food along with us. I knew it would take time to get it done, when alpha had called me asking for help. Also, they are already having their food, you might as well come and have.", he said.

"Thank you so much for your help. If it's not a big thing to ask I would love for you to join, or in this case rejoin the pack, once it's done. It would mean a lot for grandpa having around someone he trusted back in his days and still does.", I said nodding towards grandpa who was busy talking with the men appreciating their help while eating his first edible food in goddess knows how long.

"You indeed look and behave like her."