Luna

After the ceremony ended, Raden and I left shortly.

Once back in the pack, he immersed himself into work again. I didn't disturb him seeing he was busy with whatever he was doing.

Later in the night, while I tossed around in the bed, Raden came into my bedroom.

"Sweetheart?", he asked in a low voice.

"Yes Raden.", I asked giving him my full attention.

He sat next to me on the bed before speaking.

"Tomorrow we have an important ceremony in the morning. Wear the other dress I bought you yesterday.", he said combing through my hair.

"But -"

"Shush, sweetheart. Sleep, it's a big day tomorrow.", he cut me.

I nodded as my eyelids began to drop.

~Next day~

I woke up to a note in the nightstand saying: 'Be ready by 8'o clock. Meet me at the ceremony hall once you are ready.'

I looked at the watch to see it showing five to seven. I dashed out of my bed and made my way to the bathroom, giving up on the idea of finding Raden.

Once done with shower, I changed into the dress he had told and sat in front of the mirror to do make-up.

I curled my hair and put it in an elegant bun. By the time I was done with everything, it was ten to eight. So I gave myself a once over before leaving the room to find Raden.

When I entered the room, it was dark. I could smell many people, but I brushed it off seeing people come and go past this room all the time. I could sense some movements in the room, so I called out for him.

"Raden?", I called.

I got no response. Instead, even the little movements I had sensed stopped.

"Raden?", I called out again while moving towards where the light switch was present.

The moment I switched on the light, loud shouts echoed through the room.

"Surprise!!!"

I turned around to see that all the pack members were present there along with Tah, Daniel, grandpa, Gabriel, mother, dad, uncle, Noah and Kira standing behind Raden, who stood there with a nervous smile on his face.

"What is happening?", I asked him when I saw Raden coming towards me.

"Sweetheart, don't be angry, but I actually planned out for your ceremony today. I wanted to surprise you. If you don't want for it to happen today, I will understand it completely.", he said. It was eminent that he was nervous about this whole thing.

That was when it struck me. He had planned for my ceremony, meaning, that day was my Luna ceremony. That was why he had told that it was a big day.

While I was thinking about all these, he took my silence as refusal and retreated back to send back everyone.

"Raden...", I called out moving to where he stood frozen.

"I would love for it to take place. I am happy that you decided to give me such a surprise. So, my man, shall we begin the ceremony?", I asked extending my hand for him to take.

He instantly smiled, all his nervousness vanishing, before taking my hand.

He led me up the stage, where grandpa stood along with dad, uncle, mother, Gabriel.

I smiled at all of them before turning to the front and doing the same to all those who stood there.

"I, Raden Cox, alpha of Parish pack, in the presence of the elders, propose for my mate, Caroline Dunbar, to take up the position as the Luna of the pack."

"I, Caroline Dunbar, mate of Raden Cox, accept the position as the Luna of the Parish pack and pledge to act up to it."

"I, Matthew Sharp, grandfather of Caroline Dunbar, declare her as the Luna of the Parish pack."

Everyone howled in happiness at that.

"Now that the official ceremony is done, let's move on to the next part.", he said before signaling Levi.

I understood where things were heading to once I saw Levi coming up with knives and a cup.

It's a known fact that we are half vampires, so why not do it that way?

I smiled at the mind link he sent.

Levi passed us each a knife and held the cup in his hand.

We cut our palms before placing it above the cup.

Once a few drops had gotten mixed, we held each others' hand in a tight clasp.

I could feel his blood getting mixed with mine before the wounds closed up.

"Welcome home, Luna."