We meet again

The moment the words left his mouth, Raden went for his throat.

Asher choked on his breath and motioned for me to help him out.

"Raden, leave him. He is just a friend.", I said trying to pull him away. Man, was he strong?

"Raden, I said leave him.", I called again. That was when I saw his eyes. It wasn't him who was in control anymore, it was Lucas.

Liza, call out for Lucas.

I tried, but he is blocking me.

What about Raden?

Lucas has shut him off.

Okay, let me see what I can do.

"Lucas, calm down. Let Raden out. You are not thinking straight. I can't have Raden turn into a murderer just because you couldn't control your jealousy. Let him go, he is turning blue.", I said, giving my last try.

I know, vampires don't die out of choking but they could still faint due to it. That was the only thing I could come up with, at that moment.

Finally, Lucas released his hold on him before fighting control with Raden.

Asher coughed a few times and took deep breaths before turning to me.

"Little mate, who is this mad man who went all out on me?", he asked in a teasing tone.

"Now is not the time to play around, Asher. He still hasn't gained total control over his wolf. So, you might want to watch your tongue.", I said.

"Thanks for bursting my bubble. Here I thought, you loved me and that I could rile him up and enjoy it. Well, it was fun while it lasted.", he said.

Raden growled at him when he talked about love.

"I am Asher, Caroline's friend. And you?", he said holding out his hand.

"I am Raden, Caroline's mate. Nice meeting you.", Raden said shaking his hand with a firm grip. Asher flinched at the tightness of the hand shake.

"Same here, but didn't you say your mate rejected you?", he asked turning to me.

"Yes, he did and I accepted it. Raden here, is my second chance mate.", I explained to him.

"Oh, that's nice. Now that it is over, can I get a hug from you?", he said opening his arms.

Before I could take a step, a growl split through the air.

"I take that as a no.", he said flinching at the loudness of the growl.

I nodded swiftly at him. Going against Raden was going to be a sensitive subject for the night.

"So how have you been?", I asked trying to evade the tension in the air.

"I have been good. I came here for a purpose.", he said.

"Wait, how did you know where I was? Moreover, how did they let you in?", I asked suddenly remembering that he was in my grandpa's pack.

"I went to your old pack. Tahliya, I guess. She told me to find you here. As for how I came in, I had helped your grandfather previously, he just repaid me.", he said.

"So it was you who helped him escape during the war?", I asked finally feeling the pieces fit in its places.

He simply nodded.

"So what is this purpose you speak of?", I asked.

"I came here to be with the one I love.", he said looking at me.

"Asher", I warned.

"Fine, fine. I came here to break away from the bond. I like a girl who is also a vampire, but I can't be with her until I break the bond with you.", he said.

"Fine, I, Caroline -", he cut me before I proceed.

"No, no, no, dear. This is not as simple as how you do with your mates in your custom. This doesn't work on vampires. Moreover, we are blood mates, so it isn't that easy.", he said.

"Then, do you know how this is to work?", I asked.

"I have no idea. That is why I am here today.", he said.

"Raden, do you know anything about this?", I asked him, who was deep in thoughts.

"Why are you asking him? He is just a werewolf. Moreover, he is not even old enough to have any knowledge about it.", he said.

"Asher, you might want to know something. Raden is a half vampire, like me.", I said.

"Oh", he said before turning to Raden, "So, do you know?", he asked hopefully.

He shook his head, causing Asher to sigh loudly.

"Sounds like a trap. What do we do now?", he asked sadly.

"Ash, do you love her?", I asked.

He nodded his head vigorously at me.

"Then we will make this happen.", I said in a promising tone.

He had helped me with so many things, the least I could do, is to release him from me.

"Ah, I remember where we might be able to get answers from.", he said as if he got hit by a great idea.

"What is that?", I asked.

"The vampire king's diary."