Vampire Diary

April 2, 1980

Today, I met the perfect guy to lead the clan after me. His name is Asher King. He is indeed going to be a king in the future. The way he held up his hands in a defensive stance, I could tell that he would be great fighter in the future. He told me that he was seventeen years old. When I had asked around for his parents, his face fell but he immediately masked it. I used my mind reading ability on him. His parents had died previously in a war. Explains why he put on the fighting stance against me. In my clan, if you didn't have parents or actual elder supervision, you are an easy victim of torment. What he didn't know was that, I was the king himself. He never bothered to bow to me, regarding me as an elder. I might have chosen him for his skills but he lacked manners. He will only learn it if he is put forth the trouble.

Reading his words made my blood boil. He was a cold-hearted creature by all means. Not wanting to know about the troubles he put Asher through, I skimmed past pages.

March 10, 1984

Today I decided that he has had enough disciplinary education, and that he would be fit to take up the position as the vampire prince. But I was wrong. When I went there, he didn't even acknowledge me. He had grown taller than the last time I had seen him in person. He stood shoulder to shoulder, with me. Since he had no parents he was working up in the woods. Another thing about my clan, no one gets their food freely. If you are not earning anything, you go empty stomach for the day. I called for him. He gave me a cold shoulder. It wasn't until I announced to him that he would be the next vampire prince, he laughed like a maniac. It took him a few minutes to calm down from his laughing fits. When he saw my straight face he understood that I was being serious. He was taken aback. He further accused me that I was spouting lies. I told him that I was the vampire king and I chose him to be my heir. He waited for me to laugh at his face and tell that it was a joke. But that moment never came. Understanding that I was telling the truth, he simply nodded at me. By then, he knew protests were of no use.

He actually pulled Asher into his sick world just because he didn't have an heir of his own. I wish I had stabbed him after reading these. I would have stabbed him few more times, letting him know what pain feels like. I feel like I had given him an easy way out.

August 30, 1996

Today I sent my clan to attack the Harath pack. They brought me back the alpha, beta and the Luna. When I asked about their daughters, they said that the alpha had hid him well. I knew that he never took my message, though cryptic, seriously. That is one reason how I succeeded today. He might be a strong man, but I knew how to look for a weakness in a person.

October 3, 1996

Today was yet another day when I experimented on the trio, like the past month. I had taken their blood test yesterday and the results were shocking. The DNAs of the alpha and Luna were powerful. They were indeed strong people, the Luna just didn't know it, and she will never know it. I ordered one of the scientists to clone a vampire with such a DNA structure. If the experiment is successful, vampire kind will become undefeatable. I tried different experiments on them to extract their wolf soul out of them. If the wolf was taken out, they would be a bunch of foolish humans fighting against us.

What the heck? He is proving me, again and again, that I gave him an easy death. I skimmed past few pages again.

January 26, 1999

Yesterday night, that Luna, Amelia, died. The doctors say that it was because I gave her my blood, but I won't believe it. If that was the case the death of those mutts would be so easy. When I asked him, he told me that when a mismatching blood is inserted in a werewolf, the wolf blood in them prevents it from joining in their body. But if the wolf fails to neither suppress it nor accommodate it, then the wolf dies resulting in the person dying too. That was what had happened in her case. Her wolf tried to fight my blood but ended up dying.