Introduction

"I can't believe that we are going to attend the mating ceremony tomorrow. I'm so excited.", Tahliya said jumping on the couch. We had just arrived home after buying our dresses for the special day tomorrow. It took us three hours to finally decide on one, me selecting a red dress and Tah selecting a blue dress.

Tah was my alpha's daughter. She is the second born. She has a brother who is alpha-in-training. I'm the beta's daughter. I have a brother who is the same age as Tah's. He is the beta-in-training. I haven't seen either of them for three years. They both were sent off to different packs, just before they turned seventeen, for their trainings.

Tah turned seventeen last month while I, a few weeks back. This was the time our wolves recognized our mates.

Since dad was around alpha for most of the time, Tah and I have known each other since diapers. Being around her, coming across Noah, Tah's brother was inevitable. Being around him for too long may or may not have developed a tiny crush on him. The thought that he will be returning tomorrow brings back the feelings I had tried hard to bury inside, for the last three years.

Tah and I had no secrets between us, meaning she knew about my crush too. Tah, being Tah, never missed a chance on teasing me about it. Even though we fought and teased each other we had our backs all the time.

Other than my brother, Daniel, and dad, Tah and her family were my only family. My mother died after giving birth to me. She never had the chance to even look at my face. She had been kidnapped a few months into her pregnancy. On the day she had finally returned she had been covered in blood and was suffering in pain, dad had told. I had no idea of how she looked except for the few pictures dad had kept around.

Tah's mother, the Luna of the pack, has always been the mother figure for both Daniel and I since. She, insisting that we called her 'mother', made it more convincing.

Tomorrow was the day I feared, even though the feeling of happiness was there in the corner of my heart.

Tah, being an alpha blood, it was only possible that she gets an alpha as a mate. I, being a beta blood it was only possible for me to be mated with a beta. A werewolf getting mated with someone out of their rank was rare. It is not like it never happened; it is just that it was unusual. It was believed that the female wolf had to have equal strength in order to bear the male wolf's pup and to handle the power that they got once they marked each other.

I'm worried that I will have to separate from her. It's not like we would end up being the mates of the beta and alpha of the same pack. There was barely any chance of it happening. That is what is getting to me right now. This could be the last night I could ever spend with her before we go on in different ways.

"Carol!!!", Tah shrieked in my ears.

"Yea?", I asked rubbing my ears. She smirked seeing the effect of her deed.

"Let's do a Harry Potter marathon.", Tah asked, more like stated.

Did I mention that she is a Harry Potter addict? Yes, a big one at that.

"Okay."

And so began our night, which is most likely to be the last one together.

My only hope is that, she gets a good mate. After all, she is a good catch.