Parish Pack

Gabriel had been posted as grandpa's beta, seeing he was his third in command earlier. Grandpa had seemingly gotten busier after the alpha visits, answering letters asking for alliance and other pack matters.

I went to meet grandpa and of course, it was Gabriel who answered me. I could no longer have bonding time with grandpa.

Since Gabriel answered me, I thought I might as well take him up on the task.

"Gabriel, can we talk for a moment?", I asked.

He nodded and called up for one of the guards to guard the alpha office before following me.

I took him to my office. I did my researches and the works grandpa that assigned me with, in there.

Once I settled behind my desk and he, in front of me, I asked him the thing that had been bothering me for some time.

"Have you heard about the Parish Pack?", I asked wanting to take it slow.

He nodded asking me to continue.

"Did the alpha ever come to meet grandpa? Or send in greetings?", I asked even though I knew the answer to it.

"No", this time he answered seemingly letting out his confusion along, "Why are asking these?"

"I am just being curious.", I paused before continuing, "Could you tell me about this pack?"

He hesitated before nodding.

He got comfortable before starting.

"This pack started around the time when our pack had become well-known. At first, no one gave a thought about it. It wasn't until a few years later that other packs took notice of it. The pack led in all the fights they had to face. It also won a few fights in the annual pack gathering during those times. The pack started gaining attention and power. The alpha was a kind man too. After few years the alpha title was taken over by the alpha's brother, due to his death and as his son had gone missing. No one talked about it thereafter. It was around five-six years ago, that the pack became the hot topic again. The alpha title had been taken over by a young lad, who was suspected to be the lost child. Unlike the previous alpha, the current one treated them properly, is what a few members of the pack had told. All the alphas wanted to meet the new alpha but none of them were permitted inside the pack grounds, much less meet him. The alpha kept himself in the dark. If there was any pack matters that needed to be done outside the pack, then it was his beta that represented him. By now everyone is used to his antics except a few, like you. No one talks about that pack anymore. But how did you come to know about this pack?", he asked.

"I was researching about the packs that had been in and out of the history, when I came across its name. There wasn't much information available about the pack. And the fact that the alpha never visited grandpa had me curious.", I admitted.

He nodded understandingly.

"As I said, he is a mystery man. He weighs the importance of a thing before sending his beta either.", he said.

"Could you do me a favor? Arrange a car for me. I am going to the Parish pack."