Door to truth?

I was on my way back to the room I woke up in, with a gloomy Asher. It looked like he was having many things on his mind.

I thought of asking him what secrets his father held and how he knew so much about me and my family, but decided against it for the time being.

All this time, I was thinking about all these things, that I didn't notice that he had come to a stop before I dashed onto his back. He turned back and caught hold of me just in time before I could fall.

Once he made sure I had my footing right, he signaled me to follow him. That was when I noticed that we had come past the room and was heading down the stairs. After two flights of stairs we came to the ground floor.

I looked around to see that no one was there, other than the one who stood at the door. Asher was talking to him when I reached them after my inspection.

"Tell him that we have gone outside.", he said to him. He was not very happy with what he was witnessing. Regardless, he nodded his head and moved aside so that he wasn't blocking our way.

Asher was leading the way, with me following him behind. Once we reached wherever he wanted us to, he motioned for me to sit on the tree log. It was an open area with two to three dry and half blown away trees.

He settled down nearby and stared at the ground, deep in thought.

Not wanting to disturb him for awhile, I decided to ponder about the pressing thoughts of the conversation from earlier.

The vampire king was a cryptic in disguise.

Flashback

"...because you are my blood."

"This is complete bull. I am my dad's daughter. I am not your daughter."

What kind of shit is he talking? I am his blood it seems.

"Quiet down there. I never said that you were my daughter, did I?"

I gave myself a mental slap for assuming things without waiting for the person to explain, for the second time that day.

"Have you ever wondered why your mother was covered in blood when she finally came back?"

"She? Covered in blood? I have no idea about what you are talking about. If you had done your research properly, you would have known that my mom died just after giving birth to me, so how do you think I would know any such thing?", I said deciding to play a fool. I know I was risking it by stalling, but I couldn't let him bring up my mom into his ploy.

"Think carefully before telling anything. I can tell when a person lies, so I advice you not to.", he said in calm tone. The tone which sends chills down your spine.

"I heard from my dad, that when she had come back she was covered in blood and was in pain.", I said knowing that I lost in the battle.

"Ever wondered the reason behind it?"

I simply shook my head because dad had told me that she died before they could do anything.

This man is getting more mysterious with each of his question. How does he know all these? Was he responsible for my mother's death?

"Wait, are you related to my mother's death?"