Date

I sat next to Tah while mother placed a plate of bacon and pancakes in front of me.

As I dug into my food, Tah finished her cup of hot chocolate she was drinking.

"I woke up to my stomach growling for food. I didn't want to disturb you so I showered and changed before coming down. I told mom that you were sleeping in since you were tired and not to wake you but she wouldn't listen as usual.", Tah said eating from my plate.

It wasn't just her informing me why I was woken up, but alerting me about the excuse she had told so that I don't slip up.

Mother who was sitting across me smiled nodding, happy at her decision, before slapping away Tah hand.

"You just finished your food, why are you taking hers?", mother scolded her, slapping away her approaching hand.

"What? I am a growing girl, I need all the food I can get.", she said, munching on a piece of bacon she had managed to take before mother could protest.

Mother gave up her fight seeing that I slipped her food anyways. She shook her head, smiling at us.

Once we finished eating my food, Tah put the plate in the sink and came back.

"Now that you are done with your food, let's get you ready.", mother said.

"Ready for what?", I asked to no one in particular, because I had a feeling that Tah knew about whatever it was.

"You are going on a date with Noah." It was mother who answered it.

I went still at the revelation. This can't be happening to me. I can't go on a date with my mate who rejected me, much less a 'power hungry scumbag', Liza's words not mine. Noah wouldn't have bothered to take me on a date.

"Don't worry, we know where he is taking you. So, I will get you ready.", Tah said put an arm around my shoulder and smiling.

So it was them who came up with this. Does this mean he never told them about the rejection? Even though I was thankful that he had not hurt them by telling the truth, I didn't want them to think that I kept it from them. It was his thing to say, not mine. If he doesn't tell it to them soon, I will have to tell them, which might not be very good.

Back to the whole date thing, this is so going to be awkward, at least for me.