Rejecting Kira Miller

When I asked mother about my grandparents and their pack, she evaded it saying it was a story for another day. But in truth she was hurt by revisiting her memories of her mother. When I asked why she had told me about her mother if it hurt her so much, she told that only with bad examples will we not make such mistakes again.

I really hated her mother. I mean, how could she do that to a six year old?

It has been two days since then. Apart from the daily visits from mother and Tah and occasional visits of uncle, I kept receiving flowers and snacks twice a day with a note attached to it. I had no idea as to who it was but they sure knew how to stay in anonymity. I believed that it will soon stop.

It was time for Tah's visit. She hadn't had time for me since Daniel found that she was his mate. He seemed to have something or the other which needed her help. She agrees to it almost immediately without a care. I mean I get it that they were mates, but couldn't they spare me a little, seeing that I was rejected. Today, I plan on keeping her to myself, no matter what Daniel says.

When Tah finally arrived, her eyes held an unusual glint to it and she was smiling widely.

"You won't guess what happened today.", she said jumping on the couch next to me.

Another disadvantage of having been sick, I was not allowed anywhere out of the house.

"The mighty Kira came here today.", she started.

I flinched inwardly at her choice of words. If there was one thing I knew about her, it was that she craved for love.

"She came here to talk to Noah, but he said that he didn't want anything to do with her anymore. He downright rejected her. Poor soul, she left crying.", she said with no sympathy whatsoever.

"Where is she?", I asked her.

"She left right after he said so. No one knows where she is. Why do you bother about her? She was the one who hurt you before. She deserves this more than anyone.", she said.

I was shocked at her words. I get it that she is supporting my cause, but Kira was not a bad person. She doesn't deserve this much hatred.

"Tah, stop it. You don't know her at all."

"Why do you talk like you do at all?", she asked a little irritated. But I let it slide.

"Because I do know one thing I am sure you don't know. She loves him, Tah. Kira loves Noah.", I revealed.

Her eyes widened hearing that.

"What- how- how do you know?", she stuttered.

"Before the war when she had come along with her father, I had a talk with her. She confessed that she was helping us because she loved him and not because of any other reason.", I told her.

"Oh my goddess! Why does Noah always push away the ones that truly love him? First you, now Kira. I mean I was angry at her for what she did to you, but in the end it is Noah who toyed you both.", she said dropping her head in her hands.

I will have to meet him very soon if he plans to make the same mistake for the second time.