Who is he?

"It is the vampire king who brought us together.", he said shrugging.

"Care to explain?", I asked getting more confused.

"Though I would love to, I came here to fetch you to meet the vampire king. He wanted to see you once you woke up.", he said, asking me to stand up.

"Who is this vampire king? Why does he want to see me? And moreover who are you?"

"Dear, aren't you asking one too many questions? Maybe you will get the answers from the one you are curious about, if you could step out of this room. And for your last question, I am the prince of vampires."

"So, he is your father?", I asked, relieved that I was finally getting a lead to move forward with.

"If you don't shut that mouth of yours I shall have to gag you, which might not be very good.", he said, signaling me to follow him.

That shut me up. It was the only thing that is helping me remain sane amidst all these confusion. The more you question, the more you understand, isn't it? I stood up and straightened my dress before following him out.

It was the same dress I wore on the day of gathering, just a casual t-shirt and track pants. Now that I think about it, how many days has it been since then? Was anyone out there searching for me? Did anyone notice at all?

I left all those thoughts to the back of my mind when I exited the room. The room gave an immediate opening to the hallway. The building was not any extraordinary. It was lacking of any kind of furniture except for the minimum. It was void of any windows except for the occasional one or two in the whole floor. It was as if the human belief of them being hypersensitive to sunlight was true.

All along the way I never saw anyone except for one, who opened the door to the secret stairway, through which we went.

Once we were on top of the stairs, the prince went to talk with the two vamps standing there, while I stood rooted to my place, looking around. Though they gave him their approval, they looked at me with suspicion when I passed them.

At the end of the narrow hallway we once again reached a door, this time with no one around it.

He was looking down and doing something next to the knob. I peered above him just in time to see him scanning his thumb before the door opened.

Inside, the room was dark. Dark, that was the only word to describe the atmosphere. Whoever stayed here was a dark soul. I could sense it in the air.

We moved further into the room until he finally came to halt. I looked around trying to figure out what kind of room it was, when light filled the corners.

"And we finally meet, princess. I see that you have been asking around about me?"