Mate

"Tah! What are you doing?", I asked pulling out my hand from her grip.

"What am I doing? No Carol, you have got it wrong. It's the other way around. What are you doing? I have been calling you for about ten times and you ask me what I am doing."

She didn't bother to wait for my reply before she spoke again.

"Whatever it was that you were looking for, can wait while I introduce you to someone.", she dragged me saying so, in the direction where that person she says about is, I believe. The smell hit me once again and seemed to increase with each step. I shall thank Tah enough once I find my mate. Once we came to a halt the smell engulfed me completely.

"Noah, this is Carol, remember her? She is our beta's daughter and my best friend. Carol, this is Noah, my brother. I thought that you might not recognize each other and decided to reintroduce you to each other."

Don't tell me-

One look into his eyes I knew my thoughts were right. He was my mate. His eye color kept changing meaning he was fighting his wolf.

Tah must have seen our clouded eyes because the next thing I know, she was pushing us outside.

"Mate", he finally said. I looked up to see that his wolf has taken control.

Next moment, he is attacking my lips. I kiss him back only for him to pull back. His eyes held the look of regret in them. It felt like a punch in the gut. Did he regret what his wolf did? I really hope it wasn't the case.

He straightened himself and made sure that he had his wolf under control before looking at me.

He was also a brunette similar to his sister, with piercing blue eyes similar to mine.

"I, Noah Jones-"