Late Night Talks

That night Saya laid in her uncomfortable bed. The other girls were all fast asleep, but she was thinking about what she had overheard earlier. Mineta had tried to climb the wall but Kota, the crabby kid from the cliff, saved them. Mina made a joke that he should join them in the bath but he passed out. Midoriya had taken Kota to his aunt, the brown haired cat lady. Saya went to see if he was okay, but ended up overhearing about Kota's parents being killed by villains and how that was where his hatred for heroes had bloomed.

She began to think about her own parents. They were heroes and they had been killed, but her general hatred was aimed towards the men who killed her family, not the heroes that failed to save them. Now that she thought about it though why shouldn't she hate heroes? If her parents hadn't been heroes they would still be alive and she wouldn't have had to go through everything she did.

A loud grunt came from Saya's bed. She sat up and ran a hand through her loose white hair before stepping out of bed and wandering around the camp.

"Lacrimosa dies illa
Qua resurget ex favilla
Judicandus homo reus.
Huic ergo parce, Deus,
Pie Jesu, Domine!

Judicandus homo reus.
Dona eis, requiem! Amen!
Pie Jesu, Domine!
The guilty man is condemned
So have mercy on him Lord
Have mercy on him Lord Jesus.

Tearful was that day
From which the ashes will rise 
The guilty man is condemned
So have mercy on him Lord
Have mercy on him Lord Jesus

The guilty man is condemned
So have mercy on him Lord
Have mercy on him Lord Jesus"  Saya sang quietly under her breath as she strolled through the camp.

"Your voice is beautiful! Really manly" A cheery voice startled her. She had a bone knife held to his throat before he even finished his sentence.

"I'm sorry I was listening! I won't do it again. Please don't kill me. Pretty please" Kirishima pleaded. Saya sighed and lowered her weapon.

"No. it's fine." Saya said. She turned away from the male and hugged herself. Her mood was just depressing. She never got breaks at night. If she isn't thinking about her family, she's dreaming about it. Saya gripped her arms tighter. Her nails dug into the skin on her arms and she didn't even realize it.

"Hey, Hey! I know it's kinda chilly, but you shouldn't hurt yourself." Kirishima gently ripped her fingers from her arms. He held her hands while he examined her arms. A few of her nails had cut through her skin and blood was bubbling to the wound.

Kirishima ripped part of his white tank top and used it to wrap her forearms. The pair was silent the whole time.

"Couldn't sleep huh?" Kirishima offered. He could tell something was wrong with Nakano, but he didn't want to be pushy. Saya nodded in response to his question, but otherwise stayed still and silent.

"y'know some times it's scary how still you can be. It's like you aren't alive and I need to touch you just to make sure you're still with me." The red head began.

"Your body didn't shake when you were hurt in the USJ, or in the sports festival. You don't shake when you're scared either. I always wondered how you do that" He continued.

"It's not because i'm not scared or in pain. It's because I'm still the same as I was back then. So scared that I can't even move. It's pitiful and cowardice. It's like I haven't aged a day since the incidents" Saya offered. She could tell the boy in front of her was struggling to keep the conversation going. She wondered why he didn't just walk away already.

The answer to that is because he wanted to be with Saya. He couldn't get the feeling of her soft hair touching his shoulder, or her gentle, hot breaths on his neck as she spoke in your sleep out of his head. It was like she was a drug and somehow he got addicted without even realizing it. He was slowly becoming more aware of her every movements. The way she swayed her hips as she walked, or the way her head twitched to the side when she had her eyes closed and hears something interesting, or how her delicate, pink lips slightly parted as you breathed and her small breaths before she was about to fight.

"Kirishima? What's so good about heroes?" Saya's question snapped the red head out of his own head.

"What do you mean? Heroes are super manly. They save people from the bad things in life. They risk their lives to help those who can't help themselves. They fight villains so the people can live happily." Kirishima answered.

"But heroes aren't meant to survive" Saya trailed off. Kirishima's eyes widened.

"What do yo-" Saya stood up, cutting off her classmate before he had a chance to ask her anything else.

"You need to sleep, so i'm going to go back to the girls cabin. I suggest you get back yourself" Saya said cooly and walked away.

Kirishima watched her back as her figure got further and further away.

"Why would she say something like that when she wants to become a hero herself?" Kirishima asked himself aloud. Saya hear his question and looked down at her feet as she walked.

"I never wanted to become a hero. You'll find out one day Eijiro Kirishima. One day"