Lost

Saya slammed her front door and leaned against it, panting. As her breath slowed she sunk down to the floor. What was she doing? She didn't know anymore. Her goal used to be so clear, but now- now she didn't know anymore. She actually enjoyed her time in U.A.

Why should she enjoy herself when the ones she loves lost that opportunity years ago? When it was taken from them. When they were ripped from Saya's grasp.

She was so confused. Guh it was all go confusing! She's always wanted to get revenge. That's her reason for living, but now her heart is betraying her. It wants her to stay at that school. It wants to feel like it did when she was fighting in the festival. What it feels like when she's talking to Mina, Sero, Kaminari, Bakugo, Todoroki, and Kirishima. It craved that attention and warmth.

But she doesn't deserve that warmth. She told herself for so long that if it wasn't her fathers, mothers, or Saro's warmth she didn't want it, but she feels so alone.

Dammit! Why her?! She feels lonely, sad, abandoned, but none of that mattered as long as she killed those bastards that killer her family. Now- now all of those bad feeling built up over the years, ignored over the years, are hitting her like a train.

She ripped her mask off in rage and threw it somewhere in the living room. She didn't even bother to look up when she heard glass shattering. She gripped her head and freaked out. Screams ripped through her throat. Saya stomped forwards and ran her arms along the coffee table in front of the couch, throwing it's contents on the floor. She then slammed her hands down in the table causing it to splinter and break apart. Next she went to her book shelf and threw it down. All the books and knickknacks falling to the floor with a chorus of thuds.

Saya was going on a rampage and destroying her house. She didn't stop when the glass cut her hands, or the wood stabbed into her skin, or when one of the books shot up and cut her forehead, or when another book smashed into her cheek, or even when something fell on her foot destroying the bones. She took a raging step forwards, but her knees gave out and she collapsed. Broken glass was scattered on the ground, cutting into her knees and legs.

Bringing her hands to her face, Saya began to cry. She screamed and wailed, but no matter how hard she willed them to come her face was dry. She wanted more than anything to be able to cry, but she had run out of tears years ago. This was dry anger, dry sadness, emptiness. It was a cruel punishment. No fevers, no rashes, just the slow erosion of self. It's essentially a solitary experience; a room in hell with only her name on the door.

Saya looked over to the mirror that hung above the bookshelf she pushed down. It was slightly shattered, but no pieces had fallen off. She stared at herself willing tears to spring to her eyes, she was begging her reflection to just hold on and be strong like it would fix everything. Saya laughed at her reflection. She was a mess.

Her eyes were puffy despite the lack of tears, and her face was red with anger. Blood dripped down her arms and legs staining the floor red. White strands of hair stuck up in every direction on her head, wth the tips of her hair dyed red from her onw blood. Her school uniform was soaking up the blood that was pooling on the hardwood floor. Her blazer was abandoned somewhere by the door. The white button up shirt was ruffled and half pulled out from her skirt, a few buttons were missing and there were tears in the sleeves. One was rolled up like normal while the other was torn, red and hung loosely from her form.

Saya was so exhausted she didn't even bother moving. Her eyelids were getting heavier and heavier by the second. Why was she even trying to stay awake? She always slept when and where she wanted. With a small sigh Saya let herself slump down and she fell asleep on the floor.

"-no, Nak- -ya, -aya! Nakano! Saya! Hey Nakano!" Saya slowly lifted her eyelids. Her body was being shaken. A blurry figure colored red and white greeted her as she blinked a few time. It was Todoroki.

"What happened!? Who did this to you!?" Todoroki began asking question the moment he saw her open her eyes. With a grunt Saya set herself up.

"Where's your first aid kit?" He yelled. Saya pointed to the stairs. Not needing any further directions Todoroki jumped up and jogged up the stairs in a hurry. Saya was still rather out of it. It took Todoroki a few minutes, but he came back down stairs with her first aid kit.

He picked up Saya and gently brought her to the kitchen, which was right next to living room, and sat her down on the table with her legs dangling off.

"Give me your arms. We should stop the bleeding there first" Todoroki spoke in an unusually calm and soft voice. Saya didn't react to his words, so he just lifted her arm that already had the sleeve rolled up.

It took him a long time, but he was able to get all the pieces of wood, glass and plastic out of her arms and wrapped them both in bandages. He gave her legs the same treatment. Not a single word was exchanged between the two the whole time.

"Thanks. I guess i'm a bit more clumsy that usual when i'm tired." Lie.

"I don't really use my quirk that much" Lie.

"That wasn't from you being clumsy" Todoroki said matter-of-factly.

"I saw something when I went upstairs." Todoroki began. Saya stiffened. Was he able to get into her hunting room?

"I'm sorry. I never realized you had lost your family" He said sadly. His eyes were full of pity. Oh. It was just that room.

When her parents died they couldn't keep the large house they lived in, so Saya and her brother had to move. They always had an extra room, because the two children always slept in one bed. When Saro died she turned that extra room into a shrine.

"Oh. Thanks I guess" She responded.

"Can you, would you tell me about them?" Todoroki asked. It had been so long since Saya had anyone to talk to. She smiled her ditzy smile and jumped off of the table, ignoring the pain.

"You don't have to smile like that. Faking it looks painful" Todoroki told the girl. In all honesty it did hurt. It hurt every damn day. Instead of keeping her act up she let her smile fall. She lead him back into the memorial room and sat down in front of the shrine.

"You see the little boy who's holding the little girls hand? That is my twin brother..." Both of them stayed up all night. Saya told Todoroki all about her family when they were alive. He stayed quiet and listened to everything she had to say. He would occasionally ask a question or chuckle when she shared a funny story.

Todoroki enjoyed watching Saya talk about her family, and that night he made a big decision, he was going to visit his mom over the weekend and he was going to take Saya with him.