❝Fear Of The Dark❞

❦Broken❦

❦Broken❦

Chapter 39

AS

soon as I step outside, I'm met with the cold evening breeze and shivers run down my spine. It makes me want to stay inside, where the warm is.

Damien is no where to be found, I thought at least that he would be here to greet me. But when I think deeper into that, I'm grateful that he isn't here.

If I'm going to have to be completely honest, I am terrified of facing the man that just bit me hour before.

I don't know what to say to the very man that broke me down and then bit me, and left like it never even happened.

I am however met with lights. Candlelights. On either side of the door that leads down a path somewhere around the corner.

The heat from the candles stop the cold air wind from reaching me and cooling me down.

They create this path for me to walk on and in the middle of the path are rose paddles spread around. Like Damien likes to do.

He's very fond of those rose paddles when he is taking me somewhere, that way I know that he spent some time doing all of this.

Sometimes he can be a very busy man, and finding time to plan and do all of this, is enough to put a smile on my face, 'cause he did all of this for me.

I follow the path and it lights up the night, like stars from above have fallen to earth and are lighting my way to my love.

In the distance I can hear a soft melody tune play, it's a piano tune and the more steps I take. The higher the music is and it's so beautiful.

I can also hear a violin play and the beautiful music brings tears to my eyes. I cannot cry, Zelena would have my head if she knew that I ruined the make-up she spent so much time working on.

And believe me, she doesn't make any empty threats. That's why I'm terrified for Damien when she gets to have her go at him. She will literally kill him.

The candles lead me to the forest and I follow, the trees are in no danger. The heat and the flame is in distance from the trees and they are well protected. Thank god.

I walk in the forest, still following the candlelights, wherever they may lead me. However I recognize this place.

The forest always looks the same no matter where bayou are, but I've gone through here a couple of times and I've come to recognize where I am and how to get here.

The flowing water is clearly heard and it's strange how I did not hear it before, perhaps I was too busy listening to the melody of the piano and the violin, when they create a perfect sound when played together.