❝Past Holidays Tragedy❞

❦Broken❦

Chapter 23

THE

day before Christmas has arrived. Snow hasn't touched the grass. The cold doesn't travel here. I've been wondering how this is possible.

Just few kilometers from here where my town is, the snow has come and has buried everything in its path. That is how it has been since I was a little girl.

Truth to be told I have never celebrated Christmas without snow, it just doesn't seem right. Christmas is the one day a year that people don't hurt me.

They are far too busy with their own family stress that I'm not on anyone's mind. That's why I have always loved Christmas.

Some of the little memories I have of my mom are around Christmas. I remember that she used to take me the park where I could play in the snow.

Often she would join in with me, teach me how to make snow angels, and she would help me make a snow ball to throw at Malcolm.

When we got cold, we would head inside, and she made hot chocolate for the three of us. Together we would sit by the fireplace and drink our hot chocolate and open the presents that were under the tree.

The tree was always my favorite. My father always went out to buy it, and we would decorate it together. I wasn't very old at the time.

But, I helped put the ornaments on. Malcolm lifted me into his harms and help me put the top on the tree. I can still remember how nice it was. To have a family.

For the past few years since the incident, I have spent Christmas alone. But, it's better than getting a beating when we should be celebrating.

Spending the freezing holiday in my room isn't that bad. I never deserved the tree or presents or even the joy that comes with Christmas.

Malcolm loves to go out and get wasted on those days, when he did come home he would start yelling at me from upstairs while I stay downstairs in my room.

Sometimes I would go out and walk around in the snow, seeing the happy faces of children and adults. Getting cold and remember the good times I had.

"Katia, my love, are you listening?"

Damien breaks me away from my mind and the saddening memories, that now bring tears to my eyes rather than a smile on my face.

It has become a routine for me. Waking up at seven. Waiting for Damien to come to the hospital room that they still refuse to move me out of.

We get breakfast and he forces me to eat something even how much I refuse he always manages to make me eat. It's like magic how he does that.

After eating he goes somewhere, says he has to deal with something. He never tells me where or what exactly he's doing.

He comes back hours later, while I have been in the hospital room alone either drawing or staring at the nothingness.

Sometimes in that period of time some nurses or Dr. Ray do some tests on me. Usually they're harmless for me, others not so much.

Two days ago they wanted to do some test on my brain. My flesh is all right but my organs inside my body is off limits. X-Rays on my bones are fine, but not many.