❝Is The Truth Better Than The Painful Lies?❞

❦Broken❦

❦Broken❦

Chapter 36

THROUGH

the tiredness, I can see the wolf change into Damien. A very naked Damien Lycan. For a moment I think this is all a trick from whatever I've been given.

Yet, I see him. He's real. This isn't a trick. This is real. And it makes no sense to me, nothing does anymore.

He comes closer to me but all I do is try to get away from him. I don't want him to touch me or be near me.

He isn't human. I don't know what he is and I don't to find out. The wolf, my guardian angel is the same as the one who hurt me.

It doesn't make any sense, I'm so confused and in so much pain that all I want to do is sleep and sleep forever. Is that so much to ask for.

"Katia, I swear to you. I would never hurt you. Everything will be explained to you when you wake up again. When you are better and healed"

"Take my blood. Transfuse it into her. My blood will heal her"

❦❦❦❦

My eyes slowly open. Flashes from what happened appear in my mind and it takes everything in me to not break out crying.

I'm laying in a hospital bed, the very bed I'm familiar with. It would appear that this bed has turned into mine, judging by the amount of time I spend in it. Hurt and alone.

The sun shines through the window, and the beeping noise is again annoying me. It makes me think of all the other times I've woken up here, right after a near death experience.

The room is empty, not a single soul is in here. Good. I don't know how to look at him, I don't know what to say to him.

I'm not even sure if what I saw was my imagination or just the sad reality. The fact that Damien could be something that's not supposed to exist.

This is all too much for me to handle, all of this. The guilt inside of me has resurfaced, the incident that I thought I had buried long ago, has resurfaced.

The glass door opens and I don't even have to look to know it is Damien. His footsteps are always so heavy, yet he walks like a king.

I look anywhere but him. Afraid of seeing his face. I have to remind myself that he doesn't want me, he never wanted me and never will want me.

"It would appear, I've a lot to explain"

He sits down on the chair beside the bed. Water drops down to the floor from his wet hair, making a puddle on the floor.