Midnight Encounters of Flesh and Blood

Ryoba laid out a bowl of rice and pork in front of Ayano as her daughter sat down at the table in the morning after arriving home early from the Hakone trip.
"It's good the doctors said you hardly had any broken bones or bruises, just some scratches and a scrapped up knee." The mother spoke kindly as she turned her back to wash the previous dishes in the kitchen sink, her daughter eating her meal with a small "Mhm" and sipping her juice. She couldn't help but think about that night with all that happened... I hope Osana and Oka are okay... She thought as she sips the cold refreshing glass of orange juice.

Her father has already left to go to work early in the morning, something she began to be used to by now, Ryoba as well after being married to him for so many years. It's actually their anniversary today.

"What are you and dad's plans tonight?" Ayano asked with a sweet smile towards her loving and loyal mother. Ryoba smiled softly and glanced over at the photo of her and her true love on their wedding day, replying her daughter's answer, "Most likely having dinner and watching Mangetsu no Kuchizuke."
Ayano glances over at the clock before leaving to meet up with Osana and Oka for school. Since the trip began, to whoever were unable to go on the trip, the school remained open for those students and staff to have something to do while everyone else is spending their days in Hakone.
It's not like anyone can disagree though, the three girls along with other students who were unable to go on the trip are able to be ready for quizzes in a week from now. So, win win either way for any group of students on where they're at.

Ayano could see Osana standing by a light on the street, tapping her foot on the concrete with her hands on her hips like usual. She let out a small giggle as she makes it to her, Osana quickly locking eyes with her and blush on her cheeks as she stuttered her morning greetings.
"Morning to you Osana." Ayano said with a cute giggle before walking along side her friend. 
Halfway in the walk, Oka caught up to them, taking Ayano's other side as they walk. "Good morning Ayano. Najimi-Chan." She said, barely a whisper, a cute smile on her lips. Ayano returned the smile with her own 'morning'. 

Osana glanced down at Ayano's hand some, thinking about what she might do at this moment. She did confess after all so it only fair...Before she could get enough courage, she felt a hand wrap around her's. Ayano's hand! 

Holy shit. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIT! She's holding my hand, she's actually holding my hand!!! Okayokayokay, calm down Osana, you don't need sweaty palms while you're holding hands with Ayano. Just breath and calm down and act cool. She thought, take a few small breaths slowly to calm her quickened heart. Her amber eyes looked over at Oka, seeing she has a arm locked with Ayano's free arm and their hands locked as well, secretly glaring at the tsundere with her violet eyes that hide in her bangs and it's shadows. 
As the three walked like this way more, crossing a road to get to school, two police officers walk over to them. "Ayano Aishi, Osana Najimi, Oka Ruto?" They asked, their faces stern and blank with nothing but seriousness and some tiredness. All three teenage girls stood there for a moment before slowly nodding, semi afraid on what'll happen if they say now. 
"We have been ordered to make sure you three are safe at all times, escorting you to and from school and home along with a officer parked by your houses to make sure no one hurts you even when in the comfort of your homes." 
(Place your bets, who ordered them???)

. . .

What'll happen if the rivals stayed in Hakone together

Ayano finished her homework in the classroom, humming a small tune as she write. The police thing did in fact got her a bit startled but she moved passed it now. Budo looked over her shoulder and breathed on her ear shell, causing her to jump and whip her head around to see him. 
"Bud-Senpai!"
"That's my name, due don't wear it out." 
"W...What are you doing here? You're suppose to be still at Hakone with everyone else."
"I asked if I can go home earlier than planned. Taro and a few others came back too. I was so worried for you Aishi-San..."
Ayano sighed and smiled at Budo's puppy pout face, gently rubbing her hand over the top of his head like a loyal dog he is inside in heart and spirit. He always put her first, despite it all, through it all...A very great friend indeed like Info-Chan and all her other new friends. 

Loyal...

Ayano packed her stuff up and stood up from her seat before turning and telling Budo, "Stay here please. I have something I need to do. That is...if I'm able to." Budo simply nodded - As if knowing what she's planning - and watched her go out into the hallway. He let out a almost depressed sigh, "Well, I guess I'll tell her some other time. Before summer vacation." 

After a bit of walking, she finally made it to who she was looking for. 
She carefully walked over to the fountain, no one around unless they're in the very back, and gently sat next to Taro. He looked up from his book at her, his eyes widen slowly. "Ayano-Chan?" She only nodded, not looking at him in the slightest. She took a breath before she spoke, "Taro-Senpai... I've been thinking, what you did is unforgivable and you're lucky I didn't tell anyone about it. Not even Osana. The main reason I got mad is that... I always looked up to you, admired you, and as I slowly let go to realize the truth and hearing what you and Musume were speaking threw me off the edge. The truth is that I...I...IActuallyBeenInLoveWithYouSinceTheDayWeFirstMetInTheStreetAndIRemainedInLoveWithYouUpUntilIRealizedYou'llNeverSeeMeTheSameWayAndI'mOkayWithThat!"

Taro took a moment to process what she said in such a fast and flickering tongue. Once he did, his cheeks turned cherry. "You...You loved me?" He asked, still stunned at this sudden confession. Ayano nodded slowly and looked at him finally before continuing, "But then I realized that I didn't need you to love me. I didn't desire more than for you to notice me for me. So, I guess what I'm saying is, I just want us to be friends...If you want to."

Taro looked at her and smiled. "Yeah. I'd love to be friends with you Ayano-Chan."

~

Ayano walked into her house, waving good bye to her friends and the officers who walked her from school as promised. She stopped in the middle of putting her shoes away when she began to hear hurtful wails of crying from the living room. 
She dropped her bag and rushed over to find her mother curled up on her knees sobbing loudly and clutching onto a piece of paper to her chest, some pieces of glass on the floor in front of her. "Mom? Mom, what's wrong?" She asked, kneeling beside her mother who soon let go of the paper and cried into the younger woman's chest and shoulder area like she's a teddy bear for a scared kid. Her black eyes slowly glance at the source of the glass shards, noticing the picture and Ryoba and her husband - Ayano's father - on the floor with a huge crack right on where the father stands in the photo. 

She felt her heart drop at the very thought on could've happened to him while she was at school.
Her heart sunk even more when she read the note to herself; "I am so terribly sorry it has to be this way Ryoba, I understand you love me and loved me all these years. But I can never bring myself to love you the same way. I'm truly and purely sorry to leave you and our daughter like this, I've already packed my things and left by the time you arrive home from the store.                                                                                                                                                            
Don't call or try to contact me ever. Sign:                         "