Parting Ways

"I risk EVERYTHING for you! I thought if I went on my highest you'll notice me, but now I know who you really are and why now I never once came to your view of praise. You're selfish and cruel, Taro Yamada...You are not my senpai, nor are you my friend or a person I admire anymore...Now we are strangers."

Ayano tore everything that holds any memory of Taro Yamada out of her bedroom and into the trashcan in the kitchen, pictures to things she took from him, all gone and done with him.
With every letter she wrote ready to tell her feelings to him she ripped apart until they were nothing but small pieces of paper, tossing the remaining pieces into the fireplace.

She just wants everything about him to burn away from her memory completely. 
With that said she even threw the nonburnable stuff out into the street, which raised some neighbors to wonder about this sudden act of violence from the usually quiet house. During all this, Kia had found a perfect time to drive up to her little brother's and sister-in-law's home after shopping to see all this from her niece. 
She got out of her car fast and hugs Ayano close, who cried out and softly hit for a hot minute before slowly giving in and crying in her arms like a scared child. That is what she is though...Just a small scared child lost in a big big world all alone without her parents to guide her. She had no one who could possibly understand her right now and to help her out...

After a bit of sobbing in the neighborhood street the loving aunt helped her niece inside, leaving the groceries in the car, and set her on the couch to relax more. 

How do I explain this to Aunty Kia without her knowing about how father ended up with mother...? Was literally the only thought that came to mind at this moment. It felt as if there was honestly no good way to explain this in any tone or any angle; The boy who you fell madly in love with attempted to ruin not only your friend but also his childhood friend over a stupid misunderstand of who to leave her heart to desire. It's a really hard thing to make sense about, especially when not knowing all the things about the Aishis. 
The teen let out a sigh and fixes her hoodie some, gently damping away her tears in her dark sleeves as she felt those frustrated tears appearing once again, as Kia walked inside with the grocery bags before sitting next to her. 

"Now," She said in a much softer tone than her usual. "What happened to cause you to do this?" Ayano slowly averted her gaze from her's, looking at the doll Budo's grandmother gave her. Long black hair, pretty face, beautiful kimono...if only things would be as simple as this doll's design. She sighed some, thinking away her explanation,
"Well, you see...The boy I loved...He turned out to be a total jerk who doesn't care about anyone but himself."
"Oh dear, Ayano baby..." Kia carefully wrapped her niece in her arms once again their chests pressed against each other and rubbed her back in comforting circles. "It'll be okay darling. Things always do in the end, you just have to wait and see."

~

Ayano along with other fellow students in her class cleaned up the classroom and halls like their usual chores around school. For Ayano it was her turn to clean the chalk boards with Kokona, but she seems out of it and cleaning aggressively some.
Kokona looked at her friend in worry as she hits the two erasers out the open window. Biting her slightly plump lips, she gently place her hand on the girl's back to get her attention. "Hey Ayano, a lot of people said you left before the fireworks during the festival and we've all notice you've been avoiding Taro Senpai since the walk into school. Is something wrong?" She asked using her sweet calming voice that settles anyone's troubled soul. Even the girl before her who's soul has been trouble way before her birth.
 Ayano turned her head at looked at her worried violet eyes and sighed. "It's...nothing Kokona. Sorry to worry you. I'm just, you know, not feeling myself." She lied. Though she's mad at Taro she doesn't want to ruin his reputation no matter how tempted it is.