Nightmare 5

Keith was trying to sleep in the middle of the night but he couldn't because he was having a horrible nightmare where everyone he loved and was friends with was getting hurt and there's was nothing he could do about it and it was freaking him out to the point where he was screaming and thrashing in his sleep. He was sweating and he felt really sick to his stomach. He was awoken by you shaking him awake. He sits up and looks at you with fear in his eyes. He starts shaking. Y/N he wails.
You immediately pull him into a hug. He bursts into tears and coughs a bit too. "Shh shh it's ok sweetie it's ok I'm right here. I'm holding you. It's ok now." You say gently to him as you hold him close and rub his back.
It takes him awhile to completely calm down. Once he's calm you pull away and get out of bed to go to the bathroom and grab a small cup then turn on that sink and fill it up with water. Then you turn off that sink and leave the bathroom and head back over to Keith and hand him the cup.
He takes it from you and downs the water then hands the cup back to you. "Good boy" You say smiling as you take the cup from him and place it on the bedside table. Then you kiss his nose and then go and get back into bed and lay down. He lays down next to you and you pull him close to you. He sighs with relief. Then falls asleep. You smile and kiss his head. "Goodnight sweet boy. There's nothing to be scared of I'm right here. You say gently. As you kiss his head once more before laying your head down next to his. Then you fall asleep too.
Keith thankfully only had one nightmare that night he stayed asleep the rest of the night.

A/N I hope you enjoy this update sorry it took me so long to update. I've been really busy with school and had a surgery yesterday that wasn't planned for and now I'm recovering from that. I'm sorry I didn't update before then. I love you all so much thank you for your patience.