Performing the CMT Awards with COVID.

A/N Based on the actual events of Keith performing while he had Covid.

Keith felt like he had been hit by a truck. His whole body ached and he was still stuffed up and sneezy. But he couldn't miss out on opening the CMT Awards. In a way it was kinda nice he wasn't nominated. That way he could just go back home to rest.  He prayed that he'd be able to handle singing with all the aches, coughs and sneezes that ravaged his body. He took some more DayQuill backstage and hoped it would work. He drank some more water and took the  pill. 

"Keith your on in five!" The assistant called to him. 

Keith nods in thanks to the assistant and finishes getting ready and heads to the stage. The lights are practically blinding and he feels achey all over. Still he powers through the achey and ickiness. The fever was slowly returning with each note he sang and even though he had taken DayQuill. It hadn't kicked in at all. He pushed through and thankfully once the song was over. He could go home. He rushed backstage after he finished singing wild hearts. Sneezing and coughing a ton before being able to pack up his guitar and go home. Where you had been waiting up for him. 

"How'd I do?" he asked as he came in.  

"You looked ok. But you don't look or sound so good now." you tell him. 

"Go upstairs and take a warm shower. it might you feel more human." You suggest to him, He nods and goes upstairs. You follow after him. You can hear him sneezing and coughing. The coughs sounded painful. You prepped night quill for him while he took a shower and got dressed into pajamas.

When he comes put of the bathroom. He looks a little better. You give him water and the medicine to try to help him sleep. He climbs into bed and you make sure he's  comfortable. Then you head to the guest bedroom so you won't catch it after You already had it. 

After a few more days of rest, isolation and medicine. Keith felt much better.