Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

"I was disappointed that you didn't discuss about that to me because we tell everything like the littlest detail like when I have this weird dream, I tell you about it. But maybe, you just thought of it that day but I got mad when I found out that you told Harry first", he explained. I realized he just misunderstood the situation and thought I told Harry about it.

"But I didn't. My mom maybe was the one who told him about it", I defended.

"I was a little insecure when we had to have lunch with his family but I know I can't control the past and that he did play a big role on your life but I want your present and your future to be with me only and without him. But now, he will be part of your future as well and that angers me", he confessed as I held his hand to reassure him that Harry will never ever take his place in the future.

"Hey, you're the one I love and will always love, remember? He is just a friend and I'm not even sure if I'll transfer because I already spent 3 semesters here and it will just be a waste because I'm not even good enough", I tried to reassure him and tried to be calm. Well, I guess both of us are trying to be calm. I thought this conversation will include screaming and shouting but I spoke too soon.

"I've seen your works; you're a fantastic writer baby. Promise me if ever you make up your mind about shifting major, you'll not transfer the same school as his", he proposed and I nodded. Of course, I won't do things that may jeopardize our relationship and I know Harry is the kryptonite of our relationship.

"Thank you for listening but as much as I like to eat, you still owe me a story about Steph.", I told him because I want our relationship to be open with no secrets no matter how big or small the issue is. I know I believe in too many fairytales but I really feel like Dylan is my prince charming though how cringing it may sound.

"I have never told anyone about this. So, Steph and I started dating in high school. We were crazy for each other and we are each other's first. We were practically inseparable and we loved each other so much", he started narrating but I guess my heart was not ready to hear that part of them being their firsts but I need to listen and disregard my feelings first because I don't want to interrupt him.

"Months before graduation, she told me that she was breaking up with me. I wouldn't say I didn't see that coming because before that, she was so cold around me but I wanted to fight for our relationship so I refused. I asked her the reason but she told me that she can't handle long distance relationship but I still wouldn't agree, claiming that we could make it work", he added. His eyes were different now, it shows vulnerability making me regret letting him tell me the story.

"She finally agreed then weeks after, I was rummaging inside her bag and I saw a pregnancy test that shows positive. I asked her if it's hers and automatically, she started to cry. I told her that I'll be here with her and I'll take responsibility of our child but when I looked at her, I know something was off so I asked if it was mine and she shook her head. I can't believe that she cheated on me so instead of confronting her, I went to the nearest club, presented a fake id, had so many drinks that night and went home with a random girl. However, I can't do it, I can't fuck a girl who isn't Steph so I just left the girl and didn't do it. Morning after, there were already rumors spreading in our school. They say that I cheated on Steph upon hearing Steph is pregnant and that I don't want to take responsibility of our child. I was so mad but I didn't clear my name because I loved Steph so much that time. I rather have my name besmirched than hers. I didn't even correct what happened to my family because I know my mom wouldn't let my reputation be ruined. I also thought that the society is so disgusting. When people heard I cheated, some actually congratulated me. If ever they heard Steph cheat, her life will be ruined so I guess by not telling what really happened done good to us", he admitted and I can see in his eyes that even though he did that to be good, he is hurt.

I can't believe this guy suffered all the name calling and bullshit people dubbed him of something he never did. I wish I was there to comfort him and be with him because I can tell after that incident, I guess he was alone because even his family believed at the rumors. Cole was so afraid that Dylan might cheat on me because of the past but it turns out that he didn't even commit it. I wish he should have told Cole at least because Lili told me how close Cole and Dylan was before college. They still hang out and stuff today but I know Cole still sees Dylan as a cheater because he was also once cheated.

I just hugged him, "Thank you for trusting me and thank you for telling me. I love you, Dylan"

"Jassy, I love you so much and I can never ever do that to you. I would never cheat on you", Dylan expressed as I kissed his lips and as he kissed me back. His hand then held the hem of my shirt but I stopped him.

"We should eat first. I'm starving", I said as I went to the food I ordered.

"Well, I could always eat you", Dylan chuckled as I lightly hit him. I missed Dylan and his dirty thoughts. Actually, we never done anything sexual this week because first, Cole caught us then second, Alena and Valentina were on the same room as we were back home and lastly, last night he was pissed at me.

"Filter your words, Mr. Sexy Pervert", I giggled. "Uhm, anyways have you talked to Cole about us?"

"I haven't talk to him yet but I told my parents about us and my mom just scolded me for keeping it as a secret and I think he called Cole and told him that Cole shouldn't let the past get to him. I guarantee you that maybe some time this week, Cole will forgive you and everything will be back to normal", he explained as he took a big bite on his burger. I thought I was the only one starving.

"Hey, we are a package. If he forgives me, he'll surely forgive you too. We both did the crime", I assured him.

"Neh, I highly doubt that. My brother already thinks I'm a cheater and now, he thinks I'm a monster for stealing you away because he thinks I'm going to break your heart", he confessed but I shook my head.

"If Franklin can forgive me upon hearing what really happened in the past, your brother can too.  I am not forcing you to tell Cole what really happened but I guess it can help because the only reason why he didn't want you to date me because he thinks you cheated on your ex", I said truthfully but again, I don't want to push him because he barely told me and I know it took a lot of courage on his part.

"Maybe", he just stated and I know he's thinking about it. I just wish everything will be okay because I don't think I can handle another drama this week.

But I guess I spoke too soon.