When her mother finally opend her eyes , Nana was standing over her with a disgusted look on her face.
"Where am I ? Veronica asked looking around.
"The hospital." Nana replied with an attitude.
"What the fuck am I doing here?"
"I found you in the livingroom laid out on the floor and you weren't responding so I assumed that you were dead."
"Girl I have to get home I got to cook Ronny's dinner before he gets home from work or he'll be mad."
"What are you talking about? He's the reason your here. He beat you up so bad he gave you a concussion. He could've killed you."
"Get my nurse in here I'm ready to go!"
After a few minuets of yelling and ranting on and on, Veroncia finally calmed down.
Nana had homework to do so she was sitting in the chair by the the far window writing and reading.
"Does Ronny know I'm here?"
"No I didn't tell him anything."
"Why?"
"Ma you shouldn't want him to be around you anyway. He's the reason your here."
"Nana mind you're business. This is grown folks business. Your a child stay in the child's place."
Nanna was only sixteen and she felt like she had more sense then her mother who was thirty-six.
"I might be a child but that still doesn't give Ronny a right to beat on you. You could of died. Then what?"
"You dont understand."
"No I understand everything. He gets you high and you let him beat you senseless."
Veronica just laid there , with nothing more to say. She couldn't say much because her daughter had a point.

After a couple of days in the hospital Veronica was released. Ronny hadn't came to visit not once but Ronny did send his friend Sal to come pick the two girls up from the hospital.
When they got home Nana dropped her school stuff off then headed back outside.
"Girl where do you  call yourself going?" Veronica asked lighting her cigarette.
"I'm going to work." Nana had taken the job and had been going to work after school since and she hadn't told her mother not one thing about it.
"Work? What job you got , that you haven't told anybody?"
"I Work as a receptionist at a hair salon."
"What ?"
"Well Ms. Alexander's daughter Ella opended up her own salon and she hired me as the receptionist and It pays nine dollars an hour. I work a few hours after school and I get paid every week."
"When was you going to tell me about your job?"
"Look I have to go I'm going to be late for work." Nana rushed out the door to work.

Weeks had gone by and Nana was going to school and working at the salon. She had been saving as much as she could from each check she got evert week. Her mother and her were fighting even more because Nana wasn't really no longer depending on her anymore. Veronica was still getting beat on and getting high nothing  really changed for the most part.

One day after school Nana was heading to work when some tall dark skin guy caught her eye. He was wearing a black Nike sweat suit. He was sitting on a black BMW laughing and smoking with a group of guys. He had his waves doing a nice 360 degrees. His swag was like no other and he had a smile , that would of had a bitch at "Hello".
While walking to work He glanced over at Nana and she hurried to look back down at her phone.
"Yo ma let me talk to you." The guy said while grabbing her arm from behind.
"Why you grabbing on me ? Do I know you like that?"
"My bad ma I'm just trying to talk to you."
"Well I'm on my way to work so I don't got time."
"How about I get your number and I hit you up?"
"Okay." Nana input her phone number in his phone. Then handed it back to him.
" I didn't get your name by the way." Nana said before walking off.
"Well you never gave me time and you never asked. But its Semaj. Whats yours?"
"Nana."
"Nana?"
"That's what everybody calls me."
"Okay cool."
After talking with the guy Semaj. Nana headed to work. The salon wasn't too far from her crib so she was there in like fifteen minutes.
When Nana got to the shop it was full of people like always.
Ella was known all over the streets as the hair queen. Her mother was a Christian that everybody loved like their own family. Ella was super pretty she was a slim thick pretty girl. She was young and her own boss. Nana looked up to her like a big sister. Ella loved her like a kittle sister too.
"Hey girl." Ella greeted Nana as she got her self situated at the front desk.
"Hey Ella."
"Girl it is busy in here today."
"Yeah thats what I said."
"Damn who was working the desk earlier?"
"Nia , you know my little cousin. She had to finish some stuff for her birthday party plans and she had night classes to go to, so I called you to come cover for her."
"You know it's all good. I need the bread anyway."
"Well I'm saying I got you sis."
"Word thanks for looking out."
"Its nothing your my little sister."
Nana worked at the shop until closing , which was ten. When it was time for closing Nana would help clean up the shop with Ella.
"Nana you can go I got the rest of this covered." Ella directed.
"No I don't mind helping."
Its late and I dont want you to get home too late."
"Its fine."
"Well since your staying to help me clean I'll drive you home."
"Okay."
During the ride home Nana got a text from Semaj.
Semaj:Wassup ma? Its Semaj.
Nana: Heading home from work.
Semaj: hit me when you get in the house.
Nana: alright bet.