How Far We've Come

Oh my goodness, I just want to keep writing more on this arc but we're at the end. It's so good. But now we come to one of the most heartbreaking parts of the entire series. I hope you've enjoyed my interpretation so far, and if you're spoiling yourself, I'm sorry if you found out things you didn't want to know. Just gotta keep moving forward though. Here we go! Enjoy!

"N-No! It can't be!? He can't be dead!" I said as both Mirio and Midoriya put their heads down. "He was the true hero today. He brought us all together, he lead the charge to save Eri, and he protected her to the very end. He became a greater hero than even All Might." Midoriya said as we all began to cry. Mirio then spoke up and tried to cheer us all up. "Hey now, there's no time to sulk around. It's true, Sir Nighteye, my teacher, will be missed. I'll take it harder than anyone, but we can't forget about everything else that's happened. We saved countless lives and took down Chisaki. We all took our next steps in becoming heroes, and it started with saving Eri. And if you two are worrying about me losing my quirk, please don't. It does indeed hurt, knowing that i'm quirkless but there is still hope. If Eri wakes up, there's the possibility she can eventually control her powers. She could rewind me, to the point where I have my quirk again. So come on guys, show me some smiles already, would'ja?" Mirio said to the two of us. We both smiled at his comments, realizing that he was right. "I'm sure we're all hoping Eri wakes up soon. The three of us are the ones who tried the hardest to save her after all. She would want to see us the most." Midoriya said. I agreed, and with Mirio having to stay in the hospital for some time, he could tell us if she does wake up. Me and Midoriya took our leave from the hospital, leaving Mirio to watch over Eri. "We'll be waiting for you buddy!" I said to Mirio as he waved goodbye, giving nothing but a smile.

-Time Skip-

The next day, all of the students who were part of the operation returned to UA. "Holy Crap!! Are you guys alright!!??" Honenuki asked me and Tetsutetsu. We had barely made it in the front door as we were swarmed by our classmates. "We saw the news, it's amazing to hear you guys were actually a part of something this big!!" Tsunotori commented. "What was it like!!?" Kamakiri asked us. Tetsutetsu went first. "Well, it was actually pretty scary, and heart pounding. Luckily, I was able to keep my cool. Me, Kirishima from class A and Fatgum all took down two of the organizations leaders. Pretty impressive if I do say so myself." Komori said to him, "Wow, so cool. You took down real villains!" Then Kendo stepped in and asked me about my experience. "So what's your story Cry, i'm sure we'd all like to hear it." She said to me. I answered and told them everything that happened. "It wasn't so smooth for me. It all really started as soon as Tetsutetsu was separated from the main group. Shortly after, I saved Aizawa from also being separated, but this caused me to be alone. I used my hearing to follow the sound of footsteps and it eventually lead me somewhere. It lead me right to the boss of the organization and our target. I fought the fight of my life against the boss, and I thought I had beaten him. But I let my guard down, he defeated me shortly after and captured me. He used me to test their new drug, to see if it could erase all abilities if it was used on someone with more than one quirk. And he did this to me." I said as I showed my diamond arm. Everyone looked in both awe and horror as I continued my story. "When I was captured, I was taken to a laboratory and they used their drug on me. Now, they thought it erased all of my abilities when they scanned my body after using it. And I guess, it kinda did. I can't use any of the powers that I had before." I said as everyone let out gasps. "How can that be though? Quirks can't just be destroyed!" Monoma said. I quickly interrupted him though and continued, "It's ok. I did say that it kind of worked on me. The truth us, after doctors took a few tests on my blood, they found out what really happened. Since I had multiple abilities, they were able to fight the virus infecting my quirk. They both destroyed each other and against all odds, a new power took it's place. My quirk "Unstable" is gone though. I only have one quirk now and forever." I explained as everyone grew curious. "So what's this new quirk then? Can you tell us?" Awase asked. I complied by saying "I'll do even better, i'll show you all what I can do now!" 

I then activated my quirk, my body's veins beginning to glow purple. "Hold on everyone, some of you might not believe what you see!" I said as I warped the room around us. I then changed the surroundings to a beach area. "What the hell!? How'd we get to a beach!? Is this your new ability Cry!?" Tsuburaba asked me. I replied and said "It is. My new power is called "Reality." It's pretty self-explanatory, I can warp reality around me, changing environments and creating anything I want, essentially out of nothing. That's how I created my new arm." I explained as I returned us to the dorm. Others grew even more curious. "But how come you didn't just remake another ordinary arm? And at that, why not remake your quirks so you can use them again?" Monoma asked me. I gave him the same answer as the doctor gave me, "My quirk has no effect on people. I can't directly affect a person or even their quirk. So this was the best I could do." I explained as Tetsutetsu put his arm on my shoulder and said "Yeah it's pretty and all, but I could probably smash your new arm to pieces!" "I'd like to see you try!" I said to him as I knew he'd make a fool of himself. 

Before I could continue talking about my new quirk, Mr. Kan entered the dorm. "It's great to see you two back from such an intense mission. I'm sure both of you work your asses off during your work studies. I'm very proud of you both. However, Cry, I need to speak with you. Privately." He said as he directed me to his room. I complied and entered with him locking the door behind us. "I would like you to tell me, in great detail, everything that happened the other day." He asked me. And so I told him everything. How we came to know about the organization and the spread of an unknown drug. About Eri. How the infiltration went down, my efforts in saving Aizawa and Eri. The torture that I went through after fighting Chisaki. I told him everything. "I'm sorry for everything that happened to you both, truly I am. If there's anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask me. But I must say, that's some power you have now. It's essentially limitless in terms of possibilities. But how are you going to use it to become a hero? Surely with only this one quirk now, you cannot remain as the one shot hero End Game. What will become of you now Cry?" He asked me. I tried to give my best response as I said "Well sir, the most important thing for me to do is learn to have greater control of my new abilities. It's incredibly power and at the same time very delicate, I hold the entire world, maybe even the universe in my hands. One small mistake could spell doom for everyone and everything. That's my main goal for now. Coming up with a new hero name will have to wait. I also need to think of ways I can use this power for combat. I already used it in several ways to fight Chisaki, but those are just ways i'm used to fighting. If I may, I'd like you to help me control my quirk and also help me obtain new fighting styles. Could you do that for me sir?" I asked Mr. Kan. He then patted my head and laughed. "Of course I can help you, that's why i'm here. A hero can never say no to someone who needs help! But, this does mean that you're almost starting from square one again. It may hinder you in classes. So, we're going to try and build you up again, as fast and efficiently as possible. Are you sure you're ready Cry?" He asked me as I nodded to him. "I want to be the next number one hero. I'll have to take on plenty on hard tasks in my life. So of course i'm ready. Do your worst Vlad King!" I roared to him as he gave me a glaring smile. "You're gonna regret you ever said that to me." He said before he unlocked his door. I exited and when I stepped out, all of my classmates were standing there. "We heard everything you were talking about. We won't tell anyone about any of this. And also, ARE YOU CRAZY!!?? DID YOU REALLY JUST SAY FOR OUR TEACHER TO DO HIS WORST WHILE TRAINING YOU!? HE'LL KILL YOU!!" Honenuki said. Everyone else looked shocked to believe I actually said that to him. All I said to them was "You heard what I said, I'll have to take on loads are hard jobs when I become a hero. This is just another step to reaching that goal of actually becoming a hero." I then walked up the stairs to my floor and entered my room. I laid down in my bed, thinking about everything that had recently happened. Looking to my new arm, thinking about Eri, all I could think about was "What's going to happen next?"