Character Profiles: The Heist Part One (1-5)

THE HEIST (Main Story)

Loki - The son of giants, adopted son of Odin and adoptive brother of Thor is part of the Asgardian Pantheon of Gods from Norse mythology. He is known as the Trickster and alternatively the God of Mischief and the God of Evil. All gods including Loki will be based on their mythological descriptions with slight tweaks. Loki and other Gods of Asgard and other Pantheons like Olympus talk in a faux Shakespearean patois based loosely on the versions from Marvel Comics.

Loki is clever, conniving and manipulative. As one of the Heist's foremost protagonists, he sets events into motion and manipulates characters like The Hare.

Jessica Bunny - Character loosely based on a well known femme fatale from an 80's movie. Jessica is a stunning and voluptuous redhead with two failed marriages behind her. Formerly married to Mr Rabbit and Mr Bunny and then involved with The Hare, it's a standing joke that Jessica has a certain type. She is human and roughly 5,8 to 5,10 in height. On finding herself in the Mythlands sometime in the late 1990's, Jessica has survived on her wits and charm. She has taken classes in the University of Domain City under teachers such as Professor Chicken-Licken, and briefly adventured with two of her classmates Goldie and Lara, before becoming a touring night club singer. Jessica is intelligent, sophisticated and has a keen sense of survival and a stylish Noir attitude. She is an expert shot and can handle herself in a fight. Her major weakness is bad choice in men (mostly anthropomorphic rabbits).

Ratatoskyr - From Norse mythology (primarily the Prose Edda written by Snorri Stuluson in the 13th century), Ratatoskyr is the messenger between the two rivals (an Eagle and a Dragon) that live at either end of the fabled World Tree. Described as a giant rodent, he was originally a squirrel but due to the misconceptions of humanity's collective unconsciousness he has morphed to look like a giant rat. A minor player in The Heist, he was revealed as an agent of Loki.

Big Bruin - Formerly known as Papa Bear, Bruin first appeared in a tale by Robert Southey published in 1837 (A collection entitled The Doctor). This tale predated the more famous version that included Goldilocks. In fact Southey was not the original creator and used an old verbal tale, which he had been telling since 1813 but whose origin predated that.

When his family arrived in The Mythlands, Papa Bear and the others reinvented themselves and as Big Bruin, he rose to become MCI's Chief of Security and established a close friendship and professional partnership with Ariel the Fairy.

Unlike many anthropomorphic bears, Bruin looks like a huge grizzly bear but mostly walks upright on two legs. He wears a shirt and waistcoat with shoulder holster with a fedora hat and occasionally a jacket, but rarely trousers or footwear unless at a formal event. Bruin has a 1940's noir detective style and considers himself a cop first and foremost. He is loyal to the Tortoise and would take a bullet for him.

Bruin has a close relationship with his wife and his son, the now grown Baby Bear who despite being almost as big as his father is called Little Bear.

Little Bear - (see Big Bruin for origins) formerly Baby Bear, LB's hero is his father and he has followed in Bruin's footsteps and now works as Head of Security for MCI at their Myth Vegas Casino/Resort, The Lucky Cactus. LB is slightly smaller and slimmer than his father with light brown/black fur as opposed to the dark black of Bruin. He usually wears a tuxedo and has made it his mission to look after the interests of his boss, The Hare and ensure the smooth running of the Casino. LB is highly professional, well liked and respected by his team and those who know him.