Big Head

The Glass Cat had a quick confab with his must trusted aides, Professor Moriarty and The Cheshire Cat.

Chesh listened as his long time friend explained they were setting up camp for the 'night' though it appeared nighttime in the wood between worlds was merely a matter of time keeping as it was perpetual daylight. According to calculations worked out by Bungle and the Professor, with grudging assistance by Professor Andrew Ketterley, there was a certain optimum time to enter the world of Charn. The Cheshire Cat was far from unintelligent but spatial-dimensional physics were beyond him - besides he didn't care enough to ask for details most of the time. It wasn't in his nature to put in that much effort.

What he did like to do, was exercise his powers. He had just done so, spinning his head slowly around at 360 degrees to observe the various sub groups of their expedition spreading out and putting up tents, taken from the large crate. The supercat Atom was standing guard, handing out equipment from said crate and it looked like ... yes, young Griffin was trying to peek inside again but Atom had sternly shooed him away.

The orange cat from Wonderland grinned ... or rather he extended his existing grin, for he rarely had a smile off of his face - everything was a source of amusement for Cheshire. He knew what the grey tabby was after - a peek inside the small basket inside the crate ... the one that contained the weapon. Well he wasn't going to get past Atom the Cat.

Acting on whim the Cheshire Cat exercised his favourite power, first growing to the size of a lion - he could stop at this point, but didn't - continuing to grow, but now his body was shrinking as his head enlarged until he was just a giant balloon shaped head floating in the air just above the treeline.

He looked down - Bulgy was under temporary guard by Punchinello and Renard - he had reacted somewhat badly to the revelation of their destination. The Glass Cat had allowed Boo to join him.

Over on the other side of the pool to Charn, The Hare's clique had separated off. Chesh indulged in a rare frown - he had wondered why Bungle was giving them such leeway. After all Hare, The Golden Goose and the girl Jessica were far from willing participants, though the Hare had seemingly accepted his part and succumbed to temptation, expecting reward in the new order.

Cheshire still thought it inopportune to give them their own space, but when he had asked, Bungle hadn't been bothered and said that as long as Goldie Lochs and the Gingerbread Man remained with them to keep an eye on them, he wasn't concerned.

The aforementioned Glass Cat was looking up at him now, with a look of slight annoyance. Cheshire grinned down at his old friend, who called up.

'Chesh! Deflate at once! Your big head is blocking out all the light!'