Part Two: Bad Juju

Written for the STORY CUBES WRITING CHALLENGE - JUNE 24th 2018

  ROLL - 1. forest 2. wand 3. owl  

NOT SO MANY DAYS AGO - just outside the Magic Forrest (spelling deliberate)

'Hey, one of these guys is still alive!'

'Inform The Mouse at once!'

The events that had just taken place - the last heroic stand of two courageous rabbits, was a tale to inspire. Legend would talk of the day that  Fierce Bad Rabbit and the hulking rabbit man known as Frank, held off a small army at the Babbling Brook, buying time with their lives, so that their friends The Hare, Future Hare, Cottontail, Wiley and others could escape the pursuing forces of Loki's enforcer, The Mouse.

It was a tale of heroism and sacrifice, but the story didn't end there.

Aboard the airship of Robur the Conqueror, the mercenaries that had survived, gathered to hear the Mouse speak. With raised fist and gobs of spittle flying from his perpetually smiling mouth, their leader ranted and raved ... he promised them a glorious future and that changes were afoot.

Finally when the four foot, large headed creature was done, he was approached by a blonde woman in a yellow jumpsuit, holding a sword.

***

The Mouse stood over the bodies - the larger one was dead, but the smaller rabbit man yet breathed.

'Ho ho ... demonicus restorum ha hah,' declared the Mouse, as he waved the wand bequeathed to him by his old friend, the evil doppler of a familiar figure from legend, known as 'Bad Merlin.'

Anne Bonney, Beatrice Kiddo, Colonel Kurtz, Robur, Maria Jones, Tupac Skakur and other minions of the Mouse, stood watching.

'This is sorcery?' whispered Anne, as she watched in awe.

Tupac placed a hand round her waist. 'Yo girl, this shit's fo real. Mouse be bringin that rabbit ass fool back from the brink a motherfuckin death!'

'How?'

'Combinin' the two into some kinda frankenstein merger shit. Come back to my room after an I'll tell you some mo!' He moved his hand to her rear and flashed her a smile.

Suddenly The Mouse declared. 'It's done!

They looked back. The body of Frank had disappeared, leaving only Fierce, who had started to stir.

The Mouse turned to Kurtz. 'His mind is hah hah ... ours! But a ho, test is in ho ho, hah hah, order. Fetch one of the prisoners from my hah hah, recreational torture room, ho ho!!'

And so, an anthropomorphic creature in a tweed jacket, brown slacks and a checkered bowtie was brought forth.

Dazed and confused, the hapless prisoner blinked nervously over his large horn rimmed spectacles and put up a feathery hand. 'Please, I'm no threat to you. I ...'

'SILENCE!' The Mouse backhanded the prisoner, who sprawled into the centre of the room, and then holding aloft the wand, he screamed. 'Rabbit! Transform and kill. KILL!! KILL!!!'

The Owl was paralyzed in fear as he watched the slim rabbit man stand up, blank eyed and unblinking. Then Fierce bent over as if in agony, his shoulders and forearms bunching - the veins stood out and his forehead throbbed - before their very eyes Fierce started to grow, both in height and muscularity!

Then the Owl started to scream ... and scream and scream!!

NOW

The assault on the portal had begun - The Hellzrabbitz would let nothing stop them. The very fate of the future-past depended on buying past Hare and the others the time they needed.

Future Hare lifted his AK 47 and screamed his war cry. 'YIPEE KI YAY MOTHERFUCKERS!!'

Beside him, The Velveteen Rabbit raised the sharp end of his brolly. 'Indubitably my good Sir. Into the breach friends and let the devil take the hindmost!'

Wiley rushed forward, anxious to protect Cottontail who had already gone for The Mouse, blinded with rage at seeing the death of one of their companions moments before.

Suddenly from out of nowhere, stepped a familiar figure.

Cottontail gawped in astonishment. 'Fierce!'

Behind her Oswald the lucky Rabbit's eyes widened. 'Cottontail! Get back! I think they've done something to his mi...'

But it was too late ... Fierce Bad Rabbit had hulked out and swatted the girl rabbit aside ... directly into the maw of the swirling portal!! 

Future Hare screamed for her to hold onto the copper transferal pipe and he too rushed forward shouting her name. 'COTTONTAIIILLLLL! HANG ON BABY, I'M COMING!!!'