Convention of Cats 6: One does not simply ask to talk to Loki

One does not simply ask to talk to Loki

'Return Styrr or thou shalt surely feel my blade.'

'Come come,' replied The Glass Cat. 'You care not a jot for the troll, but you are concerned that I have something of yours. Face must be saved. Let me begin with assurances that I am not your enemy but a potentially very powerful ally indeed.'

'Again I say, be warned feline. Thou trifles in matters thou understand not.'

'My dear Vali,' rejoindered the cat in question. 'I understand more than you think, so think on this ... the son of the Trickster and two trolls come all the way to Myth Vegas to retrieve a golden apple from The Hare of all beasts! Ridiculous. Every inhabitant of our lands is functionally immortal and the gods even more so. Can these apples bestow invulnerability? Will they turn aside a gun shot or a knife blow or staunch a bloody wound? I should bloody well say not. A cat might as well travel to NeverNeverland in search of cream!'

The hologram glared at the cat. 'Thy point?'

'My point dear Norseman is manifold. First, you admit I have a point, because pointedly, we are still talking. I know and you know and I daresay educated fleas know, that golden apples are worth only a monetary value. As I cannot imagine that a Prince of Asgard lacks in coin, this beggars the question ... why?'

'Why?'

'Why does your father wish to make The Hare beholden to him?'

'What my sire wishes be none of thy concern cat.'

'And yet we're still talking. Another point ... The Hare is a foolish creature, though given much responsibility. What could he possibly have to offer, but his connections and access. Said access being to a most important connection. Ergo, Loki desires something connected to the ruling corporation MCI or perhaps even a personal something that The Tortoise possesses. For whatever reason the mighty gods cannot just take this thing and so you must employ an agent. I offer an alliance and a suggestion, but the former is for your father and the latter for you.'

'Speak.'

'Tell Loki to check my credentials. Ask him if The Glass Cat of Oz may possibly be of use to him in his plans. Mention also that he who allies with The Glass Cat, also finds himself much in favour with many and varied cats from across the realms. Cats of strength and flight, cats of growth and cats of science. Cunning cunning creatures whose paws tread many realms and whose eyes see and whose tongues report. There are not just cats involved I also say, but also other creatures who might assist such as his fellow trickster Renard the Fox, who is a shareholder at MCI though you'll find several shell corporations behind his investment and cats behind those. Will you now pass on these facts?'

The hologram form of Vali paused for a few moments and then ... 'Aye, I shall speak to my father.'

Bungle nodded and settled himself patiently to wait. His followers did likewise.

20 minutes later the device beeped. A fearful Styrr, who had remained quiet throughout, now held the communicator in front of The Glass Cat.

Vali's horn helmeted form appeared again. 'Loki grants thee audience.' was all he said.