The Mountain

Loki peered at the screen with interest. 'And thou sayest this eye in the sky can see all the way into the realm of Narnia?'

The teenager leaned over the laptop. 'Let me get you a real time zoom Mr Loki. We'll track the coordinates that Mr Glass Cat is transmitting and we should be ... ah there we go. That's them, on top of a mountain.'

The Norse Trickster God patted the boy's shoulders. 'Astounding! All from this ... technology and ne'er a scrying pool or magic ritual involved, ye say! Eris, come ... observe that our allies and their ... heh, catspaws make their way closer to the fabled vault!'

The Olympian Goddess of Chaos walked over, carrying a flat white box. 'Aye, tis a miracle indeed, but soft now Master Loki, tis not meet thou shouldst be engaged in business while thy fellows be ... how goes the saying from the mortal realm ... out to parrr tayyyy. I have pizza,' she added, opening the box.

Loki peered in. 'Save me a slice of ... pepperoni, but first thou must see the miracles wrought by young Master Lightman. David, thou shalt enlighten beauteous Eris. Behold a genius at work!'

The boy blushed. 'It wasn't that difficult Sir. The Narnians are back in the stone age - they hate tech for religious purposes and the Mythlands has had some super cool upgrades in recent years, much better than what I had to work with when I came here in 1983 ...'

'Hey, what you do here!' called a voice. 'Ever'body go get pissed an celebrate alliance. You come. Come now, drink Sake.'

'Aye good Loki,' cut in Eris. 'Amatsu-Mikaboshi speaks truth. Thou must not miss Chernobog's rendition of American Woman in what men do call ... karaoke!'

'Patience sister, brother ... be of good cheer. I wish first to observe the Glass Cat and co pon their mountain, then I shall return to the party.'

'You better,' muttered the Japanese God of Evil. 'We only got convention rooms til 2am.' He walked off.

'Now young David, tell on.'

'Ok Sir. Well MCI had a satellite already trained on Cair Paravel. I just did a simple hack and repurposed it.'

The Trickster frowned. 'The Tortoise did spy on Narnia? Strange, methought him a nobler beast.'

'The logs show it was recent - authorised by Cancer. Look Sir, I've got an audio.

Loki leaned in and listened as minions said goodbyes on top of the mountain in Narnia and Bungle used his own Asgardian magic to send the inorganic Punchinello and Gingerbread Man ahead undetected. Then the Glass Cat led his contingent down the mountain to hike to the nearest train station.

Content, Loki hungrily wolfed down something called a 'Chicago Slice,' washed it down with the strange ale known as Fosters, that was so popular here in Oz and put his arms around David and Eris's shoulders.

'Come friends, let us sup of these mortal delights and join our fellows in the main convention hall and celebrate anew our alliance, which will see fruits anon. Aye! Once the Cat breaches the Vault, twill all begin, but for tonight ... we party!'

They entered as Ravana the Indian demon king was giving a fantastic rendition of 'The Devil went down to Georgia.' Some 200 gods and goddesses of evil turned at his entrance. Pint glasses, bottles and whiskey glasses were raised in salute as all their voices greeted their leader.

ALL HAIL LOKI!

And Loki did smile and eat pizza and drink of the mortal beer as he mingled with his compatriots. All was of good cheer.

Life was good ... and soon chaos would rule.