Chapter 76 Argument

"Lea!" Aaron said coming into my house without knocking. I rolled my eyes, I knew that tone he was unhappy about something and being my big brother, older by eight years was going to put me in my place. Not anymore. I wasn't a kid looking for protection anymore.

"I didn't give you that key so you could come and go as you please," I said putting down the knife I was using to prepare dinner for Spencer and me.

"Why do you keep going to Warwick's grave? You should be talking to Spencer, you two are official now aren't you? Do you realize you're hurting him?"

"Spencer knows I talk him. We have a deal. He knows I'm always going to talk to Warlock, but I have to talk to him too.  Are you following me?"

"He's dead, stop talking to him. You can't have a relationship with him."

"You might want to stop now Aaron since I am holding a knife and this is a touchy subject," I warned. I was quite skilled at knife throwing as Derek had found out during our time together during the psycho's games of pitting government against government.

"He's dead Leandra, let him go.  You can't have a relationship with him, he isn't Spencer. Spencer isn't going to be him."

"Fuck off Aaron. I didn't ask for your relationship advice," I shouted. I had enough.

"Spencer's good for you, Warwick wasn't," Aaron said, his voice rising. That was the last straw. I threw my knife into my carving board.

"No Aaron! Why didn't you accept him?" I yelled at my brother. Things had finally come to a head. Aaron was annoyed that I still visited Warlock even though Spencer and I were dating.

"He hurt you, Lea! He broke your arm!"

"My arm was already weakened. Dad had put several hairline fractures in my arm a few days before. He and his friends had turned me black and blue."

"That's not an excuse!" Aaron shouted.

"Dad and his friends had drugged me with heroin and ketamine and raped me for 18 hours! He was just trying to help me up when my arm broke. When he saw me, he wanted to kill them. You were in Seattle Aaron, Sean was in New York working as a fry cook. I was left to defend myself! Where were you!? You knew what he did! Why was Warlock so bad?"

"Dad did what?" he asked shocked.

I slapped him hard, "That wasn't what I asked. Why couldn't you accept Warlock? You were a bully in school while growing up and you're a bully now. Own up!"

"He wasn't good!"

"He was the best guy in our school. He just needed to be accepted. He felt safe at our place till you threatened him. A day later he was dead. If you had accepted him, left him alone, he may still be alive."

"You deserve so much better," Aaron said. At that I lost it, I started pounding the shit out of him.

"You didn't even know him. You know nothing about what I deserve. I get to decide that, not you. Stay out of my life decisions. Leave me and Spencer alone. You stay out of our relationship. You already took away one happily ever after and could have lost a sister."

Spencer's POV

When I came out of the shower at Lea's she was in tears. I had heard the fight between her and her brother. The food had been left burning on the stove. I turned the burners off and came and sat down beside her. I wasn't very good at comforting anyone, I wrapped my arms around her and noticed her knuckles were bloodied. I wondered how Hotch looked when he left.

"Let's get you cleaned up," I said helping her up and taking her into the bathroom. I cleaned her hands before bandaged them. She seemed to be calming down but I knew she was angry with her brother.

"I'm sorry that I burned dinner," she said.

"Chinese takeout?" I asked. "I'll pay." She gave me a gentle smile and nodded. "Come on, I'll help clean up the kitchen and we can plot your brother's murder," I joked. She fell into me laughing at that.