Chapter 42 Vegas

Chapter 42 Vegas

Later that afternoon I found myself on a plane with Spencer and my dog. Spencer was absolutely terrified that he was going to be bullied and embarrassed. I kept assuring him that I would be there for him and a bunch of idiots couldn't change my opinion of him. "Are you sure that you want to do this? I mean," Spencer rambled.

"Spence, dear, relax," I said talking his hand and turning to him as the plane shook slightly. It was raining. "I know I've had a hard time lately, but I love you and I'm here for you. I plan to always be there for you," I said kissing his hand.

"Thank you Lea," he said and his voice was soft.

"You're welcome hun," I said squeezing his hand. "Try to get some sleep Spencer," I said reclining both of our seats and I placed my head on his chest. "I'll still be here when you wake up. I'm going to take my hearing aids out babe," I said yawning. I felt Spencer's arms come around me as I drifted off. I hadn't had much sleep since Warlock had come to me. His visit really helped though, I was doing better, I felt better. I was able to focus, I was finally moving forward after seven years.

I woke to Spencer shaking me, "Lea, we're landing in five minutes." I slowly sat up so I wouldn't get dizzy. I had never been to Vegas, I had been to LA, Seattle, New York, I had even worked overseas for a few months. I left my hearing aids in my pockets, Reid could sign to me and I didn't want to hear all the noise in the airport. It would only stress me out. Spencer pulled out our carry-on bag and slung it over his shoulder and took my hand. He led me off the plane and into the airport.

For once it was silent; I couldn't hear all the people around me. It was nice to be in the world I preferred and not to have to adjust based on the people around me. We picked up our luggage and headed for the hotel, which Garcia had booked ahead of time and rented us a car that we just had to pick up. We found it easily enough once we got the keys and I walked Eliot while Spencer got the car and loaded our bags into it. Poor dog had been cooped up in the plane for about five hours with no bathroom. I had used the one in the airport after I got off the plane.

Spencer brought the car around and Eliot and I got in and we headed for the hotel. Vegas was busy and crowded, I didn't like places like that and yet most of the jobs I had held were in cities just like this one. Cities like this were too loud, especially at night. Everybody said New York was the city that didn't sleep. That was every fucking city. It was loud, bright lights, and people never shout up. I felt my phone vibrate and I pulled it out to see a text from my brother. I ignored it; I wasn't ready to talk to him yet. I was still angry with him for making me leave after Warlock died and not accepting him when he was alive.

"You can't avoid your brother forever," Spencer signed to me.

"But I can ignore him till I'm not so pissed I'll do something I'll regret," I replied looking out the window.