Chapter 36 Thank You

"Hotch said he broke several of your bones?" Spencer questioned.

"That was Jeff. Warwick, he wouldn't do that. He knew how much it hurt and my bones were already weakened from my father beating me. Warlock wouldn't do this, Warlock was gaining control of his alter. If he was alive Spencer he would let me know, I was the only person he could connect too." I missed him and I could feel all that pain I had locked away making its way to the surface as I started to cry.

"I'm sorry Lea," Spencer said reaching for me.

"I miss him Spencer," I sobbed leaning into him.

"It's okay to miss him Lea. I still miss Maeve. It does get easier but it isn't easy," Spencer said. He just held me while I cried.

"Today's his birthday," I said.

After I calmed down Spencer asked me a few more questions, "What can you tell us about his sister?"

"His sister was beyond insane. She was narcissistic psychopath with sociopathic tendencies, bipolar and borderline. She was manic, controlling, un-medicated. The abuse at home didn't make things much better but I suspect that's what made her so insane in the first place. Ann Joyce Evans, people called her AJ. She'd be 25 now I believe."

"All right, I'll get Garcia on it. Are you all right to go back to work?"

"Fine," I answered. I didn't want to go to work; I wanted to stay here, with my Warlock. He was the first person outside of my brothers to understand me, the first person I trusted. "Why does every body doubt him? No one ever believed him or trusted him other than me in life and now in death I'm still the only one standing by him. Why is it so hard to believe he was a good man?" I asked Spencer looking at him.

"People see what they want to see. Aaron saw him hurting you, in more ways than one. He saw someone hurting his sister."

"That explains my family but not his! He was never good enough! He was smart, crazy smart. He was handsome, sweet, charming, he was shy. He was a kind gentle soul."

"That I can't explain, but I'm glad he has had the chance to know you and that you're standing by him even though he is no longer here. I would do the same for Maeve."

"So you're not upset with me for standing by him?" I asked looking into Spencer's eyes.

"No, I'm glad. Most people aren't so loyal. He was a very lucky man to have known you. Now let's go set the record straight, let's clear his name."

"Thank you Spencer," I said hugging him. Most men wouldn't accept what I was doing for my dead boyfriend, but I had to defend him. No one else ever had and I always would.

"You're welcome Lea," he replied.