Chapter 70 THanksgiving

A/N: I meant to post this yesterday but I didn't get it done in time. Happy late Thanksgiving.

Chapter 70 Thanksgiving

This year for thanksgiving Rossi was hosting, we all took turns. I was a little blue this year; this would be the tenth year anniversary of Warlock's death. The day was getting a little easier to get through, but I still missed him and it still hurt. "Hey beautiful," Spencer said coming into the kitchen. He had started trying pet names on me a week ago. I liked it. "What are you doing?"

"Fixing some pies, bread rolls, and fried vegies," I replied. Rossi had sent everyone a list of what they needed to bring. "What did Rossi ask you to bring?"

"Potatoes, gravy, and a casserole," he replied.

"You got the easy list," I said laughing.

"Could you help me? I'm not the world's greatest cook." I remembered when he tried to make an omelet for me and it ended up on the ceiling. I smiled remembering the incident.

"Of course, can you get the potatoes from the pantry and start washing them?" I asked. I finished up my things as Spencer washed the potatoes and set them aside. Once I had the last of what I needed in the oven I started peeling.

"Who taught you to cook?" Spencer asked.

"My mother," I replied as he too peeled. I wasn't sure how many would be at this party yet, I knew JJ would be bringing her family, Derek was going home to his family, my brother was bringing Jack. I didn't know if anyone else was coming, but I was sure Derek would help clean up any leftovers that we would all be splitting to make lunches.

"This doesn't seem to be your favorite time of year," he stated.

"Warlock and I were going to take a trip, but it never happened." Now it never would. I could take the trip alone, I just didn't know if I wanted to share it with someone or go alone. We finished our cooking and got ready to go to the dinner party. It was already cold in DC, I would rather stay home and re-watch Sherlock and eat junk food. Spencer wore his usual dress; I pulled on a pair of leggings, a Christmas sweater dress, and my basic tennis shoes. I always wore shoes I could run in.

"Parties aren't your favorite thing are they?" Spencer asked as I drove to Rossi.

"Not really, I prefer one or two people if not alone time. I often find myself at the cemetery. No one talks to you there, it's peaceful." Some people found peace in a library, others a garden, some with family or pets. I found it with the dead. "You a fan of parties?" I asked.

"No, I rather be at home reading or watching Star-Trek."

"Should we skip out after dessert?" I asked. I had no patience for people. Not tonight anyway.

"I'd like that," Spencer said as I parked. Now to get all the food inside. Once we managed that the party started, everything was there. There would be enough food to feed an army for a week. We had fun, we did get some teasing, we kept our relationship to ourselves. I wasn't quite at a point where I could handle everyone knowing and asking questions.

About 10 we left, I left all my dishes knowing Rossi would return them. We went back to my place. Now for what we wanted to watch, but what would we read? We could both recite our favorite books from memory. Our plans, as usual, were interrupted by a crime. I needed some time to talk to him and let him learn more about my past. He had a right to know, I would like to have a chance at making a life with him.