Chapter 57 Home Sweet Home

A/N: Thank you to @math_geek1103 for commenting and saying this is the best CM story ever. This chapter is dedicated to you! Thank you! You made my day.

Chapter 57 Home Sweet Home

We finally arrived at my house a day later and the whole team was there waiting, wanting the whole story of what had happened. I just wanted to sleep in my own bed, to have a hot shower, a hot meal. Everyone had brought food, decorated my house, done the shopping, cleaned it. I was just glad that I didn't have my hearing aids in when I came in because party noise makers went off and everyone shouted as they jumped out. Thank god Spencer knew sign language; I didn't have to be anyone else with him. With everyone else I had to be the girl that could hear and didn't use sign language.

I told them the story I had told Spencer and hugged them all. I had to tell them all I wasn't mad at them for leaving me, the place I had been held was destroyed, there was no trace of me, they had been ordered back to the office. All of them seemed to forget that I had been taking care of myself since I was teen; to me it didn't matter to me that I couldn't see all that well nor could I hear very well at the time. My hearing aids had been damaged. I had found my way home, no harm, no foul.

After I got everyone out of my house I took a hot shower and put some of my own clothes on. Spencer stayed, he didn't want to go home and be alone. He had been living in my house when I was missing and taking care of my dog. When I came back out—still towel drying my hair—Spencer was sitting on the couch and I could see tears on his face. I sat down beside him and took one of his hands, drawing his attention to me. "What's wrong hun?" I signed. I still had my hearing aids out.

"It's the anniversary of the day Maeve was killed, it's just hitting me hard this time," he said. He didn't sign but I could tell he struggled to get the words out. "I'm also glad that you're okay. If something had happened to you, I don't what I would do. I don't think I could go through that again."

"That's okay hun. I have days where I'm okay and then there are those days I just want to curl up in a black hole and disappear," I said not bothering to sign. I just pulled him to me; sometimes you just needed to cry. He was most likely having one of those days. He thought I had died so close to the anniversary of the death of his former girlfriend. There were days were all I could do was cry of the loss of Warlock. "I don't think I could go through losing another lover again either, especially if I had to watch. I get it babe. Go ahead and cry hun."

Spencer pulled away from me just enough that I could see him sign, "We're just a mess aren't we?"

"More of a matched set I would say," I replied rubbing his back. "Let's get some sleep hun, we have tomorrow off but after that, we go back to catching and kicking criminal ass." That got a laugh out of him. He came back to my room with me and we slept soundly through the night.

"Hey Lea, you aren't going to leave me right?" Spencer asked as we settled in my room.

"There's only two ways that's happening babe, you tell me to leave or I get killed on the job which I don't intend to have happen. You're stuck with me, no matter how bumpy the road gets. Now get some sleep hun."