Chapter 19: ICU

Chapter 19 ICU

The first thing I was aware of was an annoying beeping sound. It was constant and steady like a heartbeat. Beep, beep, beep, beep. Then I became aware of how sore I was. The third thing I became aware of was there were two other people in the room, one an alpha and the other a submissive. I tried to open my eyes and struggled to do so, my eyelids felt like there were cement blocks pulling them down.

After several minutes I managed to open my eyes and saw my brother standing in the corner and Reid in a chair sitting beside my bed. He was holding an open book in his sleep across his lap. "Aaron," I said softly, my throat dry. He turned to look at me and rushed to my side.

"Leandra," he said relief clearly coursing through him. Reid sat up and his book fell to the floor.

"Hey guys," I said looking for the ice cubes or water pitcher. Spencer handed me a glass and I drank it without asking what it was. "Sorry for the scare."

Aaron actually chuckled, "Always taking everything in stride, just shrugging it off."

"I don't know about just shrugging it off, but taking it in stride, yeah I guess. I don't have much choice but to deal with it." Aaron shook his head in disbelief smiling. "So when can I go home?" He laughed again.

"That's for the doctors to decide. You up to seeing the rest of the team?" I nodded. My brother left the room to go get the others. Spencer stayed, leaning over to pick up his book. It was my copy of the Iliad in Greek.

"Good book?" I asked.

"Oh yeah," he said sitting up in the chair. "I hope you don't mind that I borrowed it." I shook my head. Something seemed off about him, but before I could ask about it everyone came through the doors. Even Garcia was there.

"Hey, there sweetie how are you doing?" Garcia asked.

"Other than being sore, fine Garcia. At least physically, I'll get back to you on the other aspects." She smiled. In her hands was a vase of tulips, my favorite flower and around the vase was the string of a get well balloon. She set it down on my table next to the jello. I hated jello. "How long was I out?" I asked.

"Three days," Aaron said. "I called Sean. He couldn't get here." That didn't surprise me. Sean was trying to become an All-star chief in New York and get his own restaurant. "The doctors said you should be able to go home in a few days." I sighed frustrated. I hated hospitals. "I'll go see about getting you something to eat," Aaron said leaving the room.

Morgan stepped forward, "I am so sorry that I didn't get to you in time. I'm sorry that you went through that."

"It wasn't your fault Derek," I said giving him a gentle smile. I turned towards Spencer, "It wasn't your fault either Spencer." I took his hand and gave it a gentle squeeze which he returned. "Don't blame yourselves." I held my other free hand out to Morgan which he took and sat on the edge of my bed.

"JJ and I bought you some new clothes to wear and brought your go bag so you could have a shower," Emily said.

"Thank you, a shower would be wonderful," I said as the doctor came in.

"Miss Hotchner?" the doctor asked. Just then my brother came in.

"Yes," I answered as Aaron came to stand beside me.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm sore but fine, when can I go home?" I asked. He looked at everyone in the room. "Tell me, they can hear it."

"It will be two to five days before you can get on a plane but then you will have to take a week off from work to fully recover. Your internal injuries were quite extensive. They were torn and you suffered some internal bleeding. We managed to flush the drugs from your system and the stitches will take a few days to heal and it will be two weeks before they can be removed."

I felt Spencer's hand tighten around my own. I squeezed his hand, "I want to get out of here as soon as possible. Just tell me what I have to do to make that happen." The doctor nodded and moved to check the machines and take some notes.

"For now, rest," he said leaving.

"We'll go back to the hotel and let you rest," Aaron said. I nodded but didn't let go of Spencer's hand. The others filed out of the room but Aaron stopped at the door, "Reid."

"If it's okay with him I would like him to stay. I don't want to be alone." Most would want family but all my family was an alpha personality and I didn't want an alpha sitting next to me right now.

"It's fine Hotch, I'll stay with her," Spencer said. With that, I slowly drifted off holding Spencer's hand.