Chapter 11 House hunting

A/N: The picture above is the house Leandra gets. Tell me what you think! Enjoy! I had to change the picture of the house. I liked the original picture better but couldn't find it again, so I changed to this.

11/1/16 Sorry I had to change the picture again as it stopped working. I preferred what I had but couldn't find it again. So this is what I changed it too. Hope you like it.

Chapter 11 House Hunting

The next morning I woke to the smell of pancakes and bacon. Aaron must be up already, and Jack probably too. I took my hearing aids out when I slept so I didn't know what was going on in the room. I got up and grabbed my hearing aids off the table and went to the bathroom. I cleaned myself up and came back out. "Auntie Lea!" Jack called as he came running out of the kitchen. I swept him up in my arms hugging him to my chest.

"Hey there Jackie boy. What are you and your dad up to this early?" I asked carrying him to the kitchen.

"We're making breakfast," Jack answered hugging me.

I kissed his cheek, "so I can see. Morning Aaron," I said coming up to stand beside him. He was already dressed in his usual dress pants, dress shirt, and shoes. He wasn't wearing a tie today.

"Morning Leandra," he replied flipping a pancake. "You house hunting today?"

"Yeah, Garcia and I talked to a real-estate agent. Garcia helped me find places in my price range and then set this up for today. There are a few apartments and a few small houses I'm going to look at. You and Jack can come if you want" I said sitting Jack on the counter.

"Yeah, I'd be glad to help you find your place," Aaron said turning some bacon over in the skillet.

"Thanks," I said kissing his cheek. He smiled at me as I took Jack to help set the table. I handed him the plates and he carried them over to the table as I grabbed the silverware and glasses. Jack sat down at the table as I helped Aaron carry the plates of food to the table before going back for the OJ. I poured everyone a glass before taking the juice back to the fridge and taking my seat across from my nephew.

After breakfast, I took a shower and changed into some jeans and a purple tee and a gray zip-up hoodie. I slipped on my shoes and came back to the living room to meet my brother and nephew who were ready to go. "Auntie Lea up!" Jack called. I laughed, he was 8 but he still talked like he was three every now and then. I bent down so he could get on my back. He jumped on and squealed.

"You spoil him too much," Aaron said.

"It's my right as his Aunt," I said smiling. With that, we headed out the door to the first address that Garcia had given me to meet the real-estate agent. It was an apartment downtown. As soon as we were there I wasn't sure about the neighborhood. There were no street lights and dealers hung out on the corners. "Jack, I want you to hold one to either my hand or your dad's and not let go," I said turning to look at him as Aaron parked the car.

"Garcia sent you here?" Aaron asked.

"I don't think she did it deliberately," I answered. I looked out my window to see the real-estate agent.

I rolled down my window, "I'm here to meet with an Agent Leandra Hotchner," she said.

"That's me and if any of the other places you have to show me are in bad neighborhoods then cross them off the list," I said.

"Of course Miss Hotchner, I'll show to a house then. The other places are in neighborhoods that aren't so great though this is the worst one," the agent said before getting in her car that was parked in front of us. We followed her to a sub-rural area. It was just outside of Quantico, on the edge of town. The house had some columns and a room shaped like an octagon, a green garage door, and narrow rectangular windows. As soon as I stepped through the door I was in love.

"How much?" I asked turning to look at the agent.

"65K, even," she replied.

"If it checks out from an inspector you have a deal," I said.

"Well it has already been checked by an inspector, here's the report," she said handing it to me. I quickly read it through and handed it back to her. It was in good condition. My offer was accepted and I wrote the check. I would be able to move in in a few weeks.