Chapter 29 Laughter in the BAU Offices

A/N: Sorry for the long wait but I've had and still have writer's block for this story but I got a suggestion from Bluu6293 so this chapter is dedicated to that writer. Thank you dear! Hope you enjoy this story. Give me more ideas. You can influence the story!

Chapter 29 Laughter in the BAU Offices

It had been a few months since I was kidnapped with Spencer. Spencer and I were really good friends now and spent almost all of our free time together. He was the first on the team to learn sign so he and I could talk without me having to hear him or read his lips. It was nice. I was teaching Garcia and she was learning. Spencer came over to spend the night from time to time when the nightmares got bad. I didn't judge him for them and I didn't tell anyone about them.

My dog Eliot would wake me up when he screamed so I could go to him. My dog was my ears. I had trained him myself to wake me when my phone rang or if the smoke detector went off, if the doorbell rang, if someone was in the house, and in this case if Spencer needed me. This was another reason why when on a case I would bunk with someone.

"Leandra," Spencer called walking through my house. I was in the kitchen at this moment making lunch. We had a day off; killers had taken the weekend, for once.

"Yeah Spence?" I asked.

"Why do you have that tracer in your skin?" he asked coming into the kitchen. He sat at the counter.

"It wasn't by choice Spencer. My father had that put there, so if I ran away he could track me down. I never ran though, even with all he did to me. I was afraid of what he'd do to my brothers. He almost killed Aaron once. He's the reason I can no longer hear. Too many blows to the head. I couldn't remove the tracker so I hacked and changed the information on it so my father couldn't use it," I answered.

"Oh, I'm sorry," he signed not looking at me.

"Spencer," I said. He looked up at me. "It's fine. It happened a long time ago," I signed. When Monday came around we were both signing in the office. He was sitting on my desk and I knew the rest of the team was watching us, particularly Aaron.

Aaron's POV

I watched as Reid sat on my sister's desk and signed, talking to her in the way she preferred. He was the first to learn. He was signing very quickly but I knew my sister would have no trouble keeping up. "What do you suppose they're talking about?" Morgan asked from beside me.

"I stay out of my sister's conversations. It's not wise to cross her," I said watching how happy she was. She was smiling and laughing at whatever Reid was saying. It had been too long since I had seen her this happy. Usually, she faked it for everyone, including me, even though she I knew I could tell she was faking.

"Do you think pretty boy found himself a girlfriend?" Morgan asked as JJ and Garcia joined us. I placed my hands up on the railing.

"I don't know. I just hope that she doesn't get hurt this time. Last time she was in a relationship she barely made it out. The man cut her deep, he also hit her. She had been left for dead, but she loved him and sometimes I still think she does. She tried to defend him, she went to find him, but she found his body instead. If he hurts her," I said sighing looking down.

"Oh my god," Garcia said shocked.

"She sure has been through hell for a 23-year-old," Rossi said joining us. At that moment Leandra laughed, the sound filling the office. I wondered what on earth they were talking about but I probably wouldn't be able to understand it. They were both geniuses after all. I watched as she moved closer to him. She always kept a certain amount of space between her and another individual whether or not they were alphas or submissives. She liked Reid. I would have to talk to him later. She almost never told her whole story and if I talked to him I would have to deal with her anger.