Chapter 67 Answers

A/N: Not as long as the last chapter but I hope you enjoy. I'm working on another new story. I don't know when I'll have it posted. It's a Planet of the Apes story. Comment if you want a sneak.

Chapter 67 Answers

"What was silent in the father speaks in the son, and often I found in the son the unveiled secret of the father." Friedrich Nietzche.

The next morning Spencer told me that the dream changed, his father was the killer. "Spencer, that doesn't mean he's the killer. He hasn't been in your life for more than two decades. You don't know who he is any more than he knows you."

"He's involved, Lea! I know it!"

"I never said he wasn't, just be sure you want to go digging Spencer. Some things are better left buried and forgotten."

"I need to know," he said in an almost defeated tone.

"Then let's go digging, I'll get the coffee if you find breakfast and the shovels," I said leaving his side just as Morgan and Rossi who had also stayed came down. "Speaking of," I muttered just loud enough for him to hear causing him to laugh.

"He still looking for answers?" Morgan asked coming over to me.

"Yeah, he thinks his dad is involved. He hasn't seen his dad since he was about eight Morgan."

"And he's sure about this?" Rossi asked.

"Yes, he wants to do this, I checked. See if Garcia can pull anything on Riley Jenkins." I left with the coffee while the boys did as I asked and got their coffee. "Hey hun," I said coming back into our plain hotel room, "any luck finding those shovels?"

"There's hardly anything in these files, there isn't much to go on."

"Rossi and Morgan are calling Garcia to see if she can dig anything else up. It's an old case Spencer; times have changed, so has investigating. If they knew what we know now perhaps they would have more. Hindsight is always 20/20."

"Let's go down to the station to see if we can get more information. I'll buy breakfast on the way," he finally spoke up. I smiled at him and grabbed my purse and jacket, already having my creds and gun on my belt. "Hopefully Rossi and Morgan found their own shovels."

"You mean Garcia gave them their shovels," I said laughing as we headed for the lobby.

As we were reaching the front door Morgan called out to us, "Where are you two going?"

I really wanted to mess with him but it would scare Spencer and now wasn't the time so I bit my tongue. "Breakfast and information gathering."

"Stick together this time," Morgan said.

"I won't be letting her out of my sight," Spencer said.

"Guess that means we'll be using the family rest rooms," I said as though we were discussing the weather causing Morgan to laugh and Spencer to blush a bright red. I laughed too, "I knew that's not what you meant Spencer, I was just pulling your chain." I pulled him with me to the car and he got into the driver's seat since he still had the keys from last night. "Sorry if I hurt your feelings, Spencer." He hadn't said anything for five minutes.

"Oh no, you didn't, I'm just not used to that from anyone but Morgan and Morgan sometimes does hurt my feelings."

"Tell me if I do, promise?" I asked placing my hand on his arm.

"Promise," he said glancing at me as he pulled into a café across from the police station. When we were done Morgan and Rossi met us at the station and we learned a bit more about the case and went to talk to the boy's father. After questioning him we learned that Spencer's father was still in town and that he had never contacted his son.