Chapter 26 The Trail

A/N: I put the video up because I used a line from it, well hinted at it. Comment if you catch it! And thanks to everyone who has read, voted, commented, shared, added to their reading list, and so much more! This is dedicated to all of you!

Chapter 26 The Trail

"I like the darkness. There's something to the feeling of not knowing your surroundings, not seeing the color of things as they appear, but as they truly are. There's something about the unknown, the quiet, the cold. There's something unspoken about the dark, something I can never quite put words to. Something terrifying yet beautiful."  

Several hours later I found myself crammed into a small plane with the landing feet meant for the water. Since we had to cross the lake to reach our destination it made sense. The plane seemed small for Aaron, Rossi, JJ, Garcia, Morgan, Reid, and myself. Not to mention all our luggage. Emily had left last month not long after my being captured. Being in such a cramped space was not one of my favorite things. I had the door on my right and Spencer on my left. Me keeping him between me and the others didn't seem to bother him.

Twenty minutes later we were at a small inn where we would be staying. They had four rooms available. We would have to share. I immediately doubled up with Reid, while Garcia bunked with Derek, and Arron and Rossi together. JJ went with Garcia and Derek. We all got our keys and went to bed as it was midnight. I wasn't looking forward to it being this dark when I woke and it staying this way.

I liked to be in the sun, to feel its warmth on my back, though there were times it was cold or at least it felt that way. I went up to room 12 and opened the door, Spencer right behind me. "Do you have a preference for which bed you want?" I asked.

"Window," he said setting his bags down on that bed and I claimed the other one. "I'm going to get changed," he said pulling some clothes out of the bag and going to the bathroom. I set out my bathroom stuff and a pair of shorts and tee and underwear so that I could take a shower. He came back a few minutes later in an FBI tee and boxer shorts.

"I'm going to hop in the shower and my hearing aids will be out for the rest of the night as soon as I get to the bathroom," I said as he slid under the covers. He just nodded. "Hey if you need someone to talk to you can talk to me. Just get my attention or hand me my earring aids if I don't have them in." He just nodded and I left. I wasn't going to force him to talk to me but something was bothering him. I turned on the water as I started to strip and take my hearing aids out. I couldn't get them wet.

I set out some towels and put my stuff in the shower and got in, turning the shower head on. The hot water felt incredible. When I was done I wrapped my now clean and wet hair into a towel and wrapped myself in the other. I got the blow dryer to dry my hair which took several minutes given how long and thick it was. Once dressed I grabbed my hearing aids and went to bed placing them on the night side table.

Tomorrow our day would be starting at six. I closed my eyes and went to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. The next morning came early, far quicker than I expected it too. When I woke the first thing I did was put in my hearing aids in before heading for the bathroom. I completed my routine of using the toilet, brushing my teeth and hair, and then put on some makeup before going to go pick out my outfit. When I came to get some clothes Spencer was just waking up.

"Good morning," I said in my before coffee voice not completely awake yet.

"Morning," he grumbled back, not awake yet either. He headed for the bathroom while I pulled out a pair of flannel lined jeans, a flannel button up shirt and a sweater, along with my underthings. I quickly dressed while Spencer was in the bathroom. I pulled my socks on and heavy hiking boots. Running in them would be difficult but they would keep my feet warm and dry.