Chapter 15 Pleasant Company

I had been walking the streets for two days looking for any new leads. I knew this was a good way to get myself kidnapped. I had a gun hidden on me and a tracker hidden in my necklace. I also had an earpiece, so the team could talk to me. I was ready to go to the hotel so I could get some sleep. A meal too would be nice. "Hey, Leandra, how you doing?" my brother's voice came through my earpiece.

"Other than being dead on my feet and my stomach making more noise than the cars rolling by me, fine," I answered. I could hear my brother laugh; a real laugh which I knew was rare for him.

"One more hour then you can stop for the day and get some rest," Aaron said.

"Let's see you walk for 12 hours in three-inch heels," I growled. I heard multiple voices laughing. "Someone owes me dinner from the nicest diner in town." More laughter. I rolled my eyes. Before I knew it the hour was over and Reid pulled up beside me in the SUV. Keeping up the act I leaned in the window. "You looking for some company?" I asked.

"A lunch date," he replied.

"Anything other than lunch sweetie?" I asked. He shook his head and I got in and put my seatbelt on. "Sorry about calling you sweetie," I said as he pulled out.

"It's fine, you were staying in character," he said easily moving through traffic. He took me to a nice diner and paid for the meal. It was quite enjoyable, he was very pleasant company. We mainly talked about books we had read. Afterward, he took me back to the hotel so I could rest so that I could hit the street again.