Chapter 16 Shit

Chapter 16 Shit

Three more days passed with me working the streets along with a few other cops. I was getting tired of this. I hated undercover work even though it was always interesting. I didn't like the danger. I'd rather get into a fist fight with an unsub protecting my team than putting myself in danger to draw him out. Aaron wasn't a big fan of it either, yet this is where I found myself now, strutting down the street in a skimpy outfit that was ill-suited to the weather. I was going to catch one hell of cold out here in the rain.

I walked around the block, noticing that I was being followed by a black, covered window van. "Hey guys I think that I have a bite," I said alerting Morgan and Reid who were sitting around the corner watching me and if anyone was following.

"Don't panic, just keep walking till you have us in your sights," Morgan said. I ignored him and kept walking, hearing the van door slide open. I felt my heart quicken, pounding in my chest. I fought not to break out into a run as I started to walk a bit faster. I needed to round the next corner so that my team could see me. As I felt the person behind come closer and closer I knew I wasn't going to make it.

"Mango," I said just loud enough for my earpiece to pick me up, uttering my distress word. I then felt arms wrap around me, a hand covering my mouth as another set of hands pushed a needle into my neck and I felt myself go limp as my world went dark. My last thought being, "shit!"