Chapter 54 Left Behind

A/N: Thank you to Clour_me_Lauren andJust_a_Fangirl03 for leaving comments

A/N: Thank you to Clour_me_Lauren andJust_a_Fangirl03 for leaving comments. I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I hope to get another chapter out soon.

Chapter 54 Left Behind

Spencer's POV

Lea had been undercover for a month, I hated the idea. She could barely see and she was in a place she wasn't familiar with. I had been yelling at Hotch for it. "Spencer, take a chill pill," Lea's voice came over the wire. We weren't able to follow her. The hunting area of the unsub was too big for us to cover without leaving a few of us in the office to build a profile. She had refused a tail anyway. She preferred to work alone; Lea was on her own. She had to build a relationship with the people on the streets and those that helped the people on the street; that was the only way she would get food.

"Lea, you don't have any backup. You are 100 miles from where you started last month. What if something goes wrong?" I had no clue what her plan was to get on the radar of this guy.

"Relax Spence; I can take care of myself. I know how to travel; I've been tracking someone who has been acting odd. I'll talk to you when I know more." With that it was silent. It was two months before I heard from her and it was that phone call. When she called me I thought she would be coming home, then I heard her tone of voice.

I knew something was wrong and I couldn't stop myself from crying despite being in a room full of police officers. I didn't care at that moment. She told me how she loved me and if she didn't make it that she didn't want me to spend my days grieving her. She said that she would do her best to get home to me. I just felt my heart breaking, I felt like I was losing her. I couldn't go through this again. We traced the call and we found the guy who had taken her, he was dead. The place was burning, he along with it. We searched for her for days but all we found was her badge and her gun.

"Where is she?" I shouted as the team searched.

"We'll find her Reid," Morgan said placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Reid, if my sister made it out alive she'll find some way to contact us," Hotch said coming over to me. I felt like I couldn't breathe, I couldn't focus or think clearly. I wanted Lea here.

"We can no longer track her! How are we supposed to find her!?" I asked.

"She can block the tracer Reid. If she doesn't want to be found the whole alphabet soup of the government can't find her," Aaron said.

"She wouldn't be blocking it right now. She needs help! Why would she block us from finding her?" I asked getting upset.

"She wouldn't Reid," Morgan said gently.

"The tracer can't be removed, it was embedded too deeply in her system," Hotch said. A month passed of us looking for her and we were ordered back to DC by the bosses. I didn't want to leave; we hadn't heard from Lea and still hadn't found a body.

"We can't leave Hotch! What if Lea comes back to our hotel or the police station? We won't be there!"

"Lea is most likely heading for DC right now. As soon as she finds a phone she will call you if she is indeed alive Spencer. Since we haven't found her, I would hold out hope. Now we have to get on that plane. I don't like it any more than you," Hotch said.

Unknown POV

I was tired of sand, I kept moving north. I had to find a phone. A place to take a bath would be nice too. I was caked in dirt and blood. The last proper bath I had had been months ago. I had no clue where I was, I hadn't seen any other people for a while. The animals were my company and my guide, at night they were my warmth. They led me to water.