Chapter 7: New Information

Chapter Seven: New Information

I was thinking about each victim, Eva Daniels, Samantha Davis, Amanda Walters, Joy Anderson, Jordon Williamson, and Anni Evans. I couldn't imagine what their parents must be going through. These girls looked a lot like me. My hair was a bit lighter but it was long and I had bright green eyes. I was on a computer looking through records of white males that lived in the area of either the abduction site or the dump site.

Most that lived in that area were older, at least 50. Not likely to be our unsub. Our victims were athletic, so the unsub had to be too in order to overpower them. I finally walked away from the computer to go to the vending machine to find something to eat. It was three in the afternoon and tomorrow there would be another body if the pattern held and we had nothing. We were no closer to catching this guy.

I got some kind of protein bar that was probably more sugar than anything else and went over to the coffee pot. Cop coffee, there was nothing worse, maybe except that crappy hotel coffee. I put a small pinch of sugar and cream in my coffee before going back to the computer. I looked at my cell. 3:10 and no word from Garcia who I had called over two hours ago and the team still hadn't come back.

Shortly before five, the team came back in. Hopefully, they would have some new information that would help us narrow down who we were looking for. "Each of our victims went to the same university and were majoring in computer science," Prentiss said.

"All were also on a sports team, softball, volleyball, basketball," JJ said. Okay, that narrowed down a few things. Our unsub definitely had to be strong to subdue them. "None of them had a boyfriend or really went out much. They kept to themselves and wouldn't go off with a stranger." So they had to know this guy.

"We should have Garcia access the victims' social media sites and see if they had any friends in common, and then run that list to see if anyone of them have a record," I said.

"Call her," Aaron said. I took out my phone and called Garcia.

"What can I do for the sexy Miss Hotchner?" Garcia asked.

I saw everyone smirk, "you're on speaker phone," I said the smile evident in my voice.

"Oh I don't care who hears it hon," Garcia replied and I snorted. "What can I do you for?" she asked.

"Can you look into all of the victims' social media and see if there are any friends that they have in common and then run those friends for a criminal record?"

"Lists are my specialty; I will hit you back before you can follow the other Lady G." With that, she hung up. Apparently, she had a thing for Lady Gaga, odd music, some of it I liked. "Anyone else want something to eat?" I asked. There were lots of yeses and sures. So we all went to dinner just down the block. Thankfully it was quiet and not very busy despite the fact that it was a little after five. We took a roundtable that had enough chairs for all of us. I placed myself between Spencer and Aaron.

It wasn't long before we all had ordered something to drink and menus were brought to us. The diner was called Mama's Daughter's Diner and it, of course, it served southern style food. (A real diner in Dallas) Most of the guys ordered a hamburger, while the girls ordered a salad. I ordered a pasta dish and Spencer ordered fried rice and vegetables. During dinner we discussed the case, the victims seemed to have everything in common: classes, major, school, sports, personality, looks.

Just as we were leaving the diner Garcia called me, "Hey Garcia," I said answering the phone.

"Hey girl, so I ran all the common friends that the victims shared male and female and none of them have a record, not even anything that has been sealed or erased. So I looked into the parents of the common friends and there is some stuff there but nothing that would suggest murder, just petty stuff. Shoplifting and things like that."

"Thanks, Garcia, I'll let the others know," I said hanging up and relaying the info she had given me. It was time to rethink. But most likely not tonight. It was late and all the officers that weren't on patrol had gone home for the night. It was time to go to the hotel. The thing also was that if we stopped now and didn't find anything there would be a new body tomorrow, but even if we did find anything we couldn't act on that information till morning. The double-edged sword.

I thought of a quote I heard a singer say once, "The truth is you don't know what's going to happen tomorrow. Life is a crazy ride and nothing is guaranteed." Eminem I hoped that tomorrow morning that we wouldn't have a new victim as we went back to the hotel, ordered by my brother, but my guess was most of them would work through the night. I would be going to the inside track in the gym for a run to clear my head. I always thought better after a run.