Chapter 33 First Date

A/N:So sorry for the long wait. This chapter is dedicated to CarysMoakes1 for giving the idea in this chapter. Thank you. I hope everyone enjoys.

Chapter 33 First Date

It had been six months since my birthday and work hadn't changed much. Spencer and I were doing paper work and our stacks didn't seem to get smaller at all. The rest of the team kept putting their files with ours. "Hey Leandra?" Spencer asked. I looked up from my file, "Would you like to go get some dinner when we finish here?" Spencer asked.

"That would be lovely," I said smiling at him.

"As a date?" Spencer asked as I finished my last file. "I mean I understand if you just want to go as friends, I won't mind," Spencer said starting to ramble.

"Spencer," I said cutting him off. He looked at me, "I would like that a lot." He smiled as I took some files off his desk to help him finish his work load.

"Did I just hear that our boy genius is going on a date with our girl genius?" Garcia asked.

"If we ever finish this paper work we will," Spencer said as I finished the two files I had taken off his desk leaving him the one he was still working.

"You just have that one file left. Once you finish it you can help me carry these other files to wherever they need to go," I said making stacks on my desk.

"Have fun safely my loves," Garcia called as we put the files away.

"Good night Garcia," I called grabbing my coat and purse just as Spencer came to stand by my desk. Spencer and I dropped off files at several places before coming back to our desks to get our coats and bags.

"So where are we going?" I asked Spencer popping up my coat collar before heading outside.

"A little Indian place I know that's open late and then if you're up for it I'll take you to the movies," Spencer said as we got into the elevator.

"Sounds perfect," I said smiling at him and taking his hand. He looked at our hands but didn't pull away.

"I'm not really any good at this, I've never been on a date before."

"You're doing fine Spencer. You heard about my last boyfriend. You are several steps up from him."

"You loved him though?"

"Yes Spencer, I loved him, a lot. He had his issues and I just wanted to help him. I didn't care that he hurt me; it wasn't the man I had met that hurt me. The man I had fallen in love with wouldn't have done that, but let's not talk about that," I said. A short time later we were seated at the restaurant with our food and we were chatting.

"Are you liking it at the BAU?" Spencer asked.

"Yeah, everyone has been real nice and understanding. I'm glad that my being deaf doesn't bother anyone. It usually does, then I kick their ass," I said laughing and Spencer joined in.

"Like you did with Morgan?"

"Usually worse," I replied. He looked up at me in surprise. "Hey I may be small but if you take the leash and muzzle off I'm extremely dangerous."

"So that's what Hotch meant," Spencer said. We talked for almost two hours before going to the movie. "What about your dog?" Spencer asked as he paid for the tickets.

"Jack is with him tonight. Aaron has a date so Jack is with his Aunt. He likes that I pay him to take care of my dog. What movie are we watching?" I asked.

A romantic comedy," Spencer replied. Throughout the movie I leaned into him and held his hand as we ate popcorn and laughed. This movie was really corny but really funny. When the movie was over we walked back to my car and Spencer had his arm around me.

"What is that in her ears?" I heard a voice behind us say.

"Those things are huge, what are they?" another asked. The voices belonged to teenagers. I leaned into Spencer. I was used to this but it still upset me. My hearing aids were old and they stood out.

Spencer pulled me to a stop and he turned around, "Excuse me, but that is rather rude to talk about someone behind their back."

"Oh what are you going to do about it bean pole?" one of them asked.

Spencer pulled out his badge, "I could arrest you for assaulting an officer. She's an agent too and my girlfriend. Buzz off before I change my mind." The teenagers took off and Spencer turned to me. "Are you all right Leandra?"

"Yeah, I will be. Thanks, most people don't do that." That night Spencer stayed with me but no fun took place in the bedroom, not yet anyway.