Chapter 58 Winter Break

A/N: Everyone drive carefully this winter. Roads are slick, slow down.

Chapter 58 Winter Break

A few months had passed since I had made my return to the team and my eye sight was back to what it was before. I just had some scarring around my face, a small reminder of what had happened, not that I needed it. I would always remember. Winter was still in full swing, roads were slick and with the storm moving in roads were being closed, power was going out, pipes were breaking. I had helped Spencer get all of his books in rubber tubs the day before so if his apartment flooded they would be safe.

Things were just a mess to say the least. At least the Christmas mess was over. Sadly I had missed it but all the traffic accidents it brought were done with till New Year's came round. "Everyone go home before we're stuck here for a week," Aaron said leaving the office with his go bag.

"Let's go hun," I said to Spencer grabbing my coat. I didn't want to live in the office for a week with bad coffee and vending machine food and whatever we could find to eat. We would all end up killing each other, not counting my team there were still at least 25 agents here. Spencer had been staying with me since the heat in his apartment went out. Garcia was staying with Derek since her heat was also out and apparently during my absence the pair had struck up a relationship. I was interested to see if they would continue dating, they already acted like an old married couple.

I thought they were perfect for each other. "Hey Lea?" Spencer asked as we took the elevator down to the parking garage we now had to use to make sure our car would start again it was so cold outside.

"Yeah hun," I replied heading for the car as the door opened. It was probably about -10 outside with a wind chill of -20. I had been in much colder weather and wore a light coat.

"What if the whole city loses power, how will you keep your house warm?"

"I have propane hun, it'll still work even if the power goes out and I have a backup generator that runs off of gas and solar and wind. Not to mention my fireplace and the wood stored in my garage. I think we'll be just fine hun. We'll have heat and be able to cook. Don't worry." We both got into the car and I started it up and let it warm up before driving. "What's really on your mind?"

He just looked at me; I could tell he wasn't sure how to phrase his question so I just waited. "When you were helping me box up my books, you kept looking at the window, like someone was standing there, was there?"

"Not that most people could see," I replied.

"So what? A ghost?"

"If it was who I thought it was then yes, it was a ghost. And it was a she," I replied.

"Are you telling me you can see ghosts?" Spencer asked in a disbelieving tone.

"Do you know what my job in Belrus was?" I asked looking at him as I put the car in reverse. He shook his head. "I was called in as a paranormal investigator." I backed out and got out on to the high way. It would be a slow drive home. It was snowing and the roads were slick. He was silent for a while, he had told me he didn't believe in ghosts, but I had seen loved ones after they had died. I had talked to them and I was awake at the time.

"Who do you think you saw in my apartment?" he asked as I reached my street.

"You may not want me to answer that hun, it's not bad but do you really want the answer?" I asked. I didn't want to hurt him.

"Is it someone who will hurt me?" he asked.

"No," I replied pulling into my garage.

"Someone I knew?"

"Yes."

"Please, I want to know," he said as I turned the car off and closed the garage door. I turned to look at him, judging the expression there, reading him.

"Inside," I said grabbing my bags. I would tell him in there where it was warm. I didn't want to sit in the cold garage. I led him to the living and sat down on the sofa and he sat down beside me. I took his hand in mine; I hoped this wouldn't be crossing a line. "I believe I saw Maeve hun."

"How do you know?" Spencer asked. "I mean you never even met her."

"I've seen her picture in your place, hun. I may be deaf but I'm not blind, well not now." That got a laugh from him. "I would never ask you to take her picture down either. I can't take Warlock's down. He's a part of my life as much as my brothers or my parents. I just can't remove him from my life and you can't just remove Maeve from your life. Knowing her changed you, made you a better person. Without Warlock, I doubt I would be here today."

"What do you mean?" Spencer asked looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"I needed someone Spencer and I was completely alone, till I met him. Someone finally understood me and someone finally understood him." We stayed up that night and talked about our previous flames.